USA Cummins & Nissan join forces

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First lesson you should have learnt is to never quote me I know nothing and just quote wiki pages in the hope people are fooled.

I don't know that all wiki pages are bad, I point people to some as well, especially when they're a little clearer than the engineering journals or scientific pages saying the same thing in gobbledegookese.

** This monopoly will be argued for by the oil companies because "they're the most experienced at handling AdBlue" (it's piss in water, so I guess that's right).

Nope, the oil companies have no experience in that area. It is the Ag fertiliser companies that are massively into piss(urea) production.

It will probably all come from that Orica plant on Stockton Island or the one at Port Botany..

Hmm, interesting sideline for all the pubs. Just a question of how much they will need to concentrate it

Nope, the oil companies have no experience in that area. It is the Ag fertiliser companies that are massively into piss(urea) production.

It will probably all come from that Orica plant on Stockton Island or the one at Port Botany..

Hmm, interesting sideline for all the pubs. Just a question of how much they will need to concentrate it

Sorry Terry, I should have used the "my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek" smiley. Although, give 'em half a chance and they'll make it "fact".

I've very little faith in oil companies doing much more than lining their pockets and finding ways of cornering markets in order to ensure - guarantee - that their pockets are lined faster every day.

My new work truck 918 fuso canter it runs the ad blue you can get it at bp sevo’s for 2 10l drums for $49 or you can pick it up at the larger bp truck stops in from a pump. There is no hazchem warnings for corrosive (the triangle warning thing) but is does say that it may be corrosive on some metal I have spilt it on my hands when putting it in the tank and nothing happened no burning and they didn’t fall off. I was a bit worried about the ad blue at the start I didn’t realise what it actually was when I brought the truck they told me that it was a Mercedes thing and most of the merc stuff will be going that way they also said that it will reduce my carbon tax however that will work i don't know. There is an extra fuel type gauge on the dash and just fill it up when it gets low its as simple as that. So far I have done 14000 In the new rig and have just filled the tank again for the 3 time it was full when i picked it up so have only used 30l there is runs a 10l plastic tank next to the diesel tank she runs at 16.1 LPHK fully loaded cheaper to run than my d40 towing

Hope this helps Chris

The lack of chem warnings pretty much assures the fuel companies will never monopolise it because every auto shop will sell it if usuage becomes so wide spread. Even if they did get close to such a trick what's to stop offshoot companies making their own given how easy it is and how many differnt mobs make bio-diesel.

the first time i went get ad blue i went to repco the bloke at the counter knew what i was after but they didn't sell it. the only place i have found it so far is at bp servos

Mobil used to sell it before they got taken over not sure if United does since taking over Mobil. There is a few Coles truck stops that sell it but none of them are metro I don't think.

Latest posts

Back