v6 exhaust installed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fonzy

Reaction score
Hi all you v6 owners. I have a 3.3 and since I bought it I have been trying to find some one that has done an exaust mod to one but have failed. Anyway last week I discovered a crack in my exaust manifold so today on went the extractors. while I was at it a lukey muffler to get rid of the restrictive standard one and a new tail pipe to match the size of the rest of the system. so in summery extractors to tail pipe is 2 1\4 inch which flows pretty good. sounds just a tad louder than standard which is good (not to loud). And performance wise It feels like ive picked up a little bottom end torque and also seams to of smoothed out the power curve up top. so when I find out if fuel economy is any better i will post it up.

Good stuff.

There are a few V6 drivers here but not many.

Those VG's sound good high up in the rev range.

Good work Fonzy. What sort of extractors did you get, Genie? I've still got to get a complete system for mine, and I think it was Genie or Wildcat headers that I found for the V6, not many around. Did the system set you back much?

I think they are redback there black all up with the repair of the broken studs $1160 was $650 for extractors 4.5hrs labour $120 for lukey and he gave me the tail pipe it was off his old d22.It was on his car for 2 years. still sounds hexy but im used to doing everything myself. didnt have time on this one.

I've been getting quotes for this lately and hope to get it done when the tax comes in.
All my quotes are up around the $2000 mark tho.

The VG is a bitch to do extractors on so I have read.

Any chance of a video of it when done and possibly up near the rev limiter.

old mate told me the extractors were not too bad to fit he took the front wheels off and went through that rubber flap as for the v8 scotty ive ordered the LS2 crate engine 3 times now but the wife keeps canceling the cheque somthing about a house is more important than a car. (hmmm supercharged LS2 in a datsun 240z better start saving) as for the exahust i will post a video soon .

old mate told me the extractors were not too bad to fit he took the front wheels off and went through that rubber flap as for the v8 scotty ive ordered the LS2 crate engine 3 times now but the wife keeps canceling the cheque somthing about a house is more important than a car. (hmmm supercharged LS2 in a datsun 240z better start saving) as for the exahust i will post a video soon .

Just tell the mrs she has no sence of adventure but then again you could end up like me where she leaves so maybe she is right.Depends on how much you like her I suppose.lol

hi mate

Hi all you v6 owners. I have a 3.3 and since I bought it I have been trying to find some one that has done an exaust mod to one but have failed. Anyway last week I discovered a crack in my exaust manifold so today on went the extractors. while I was at it a lukey muffler to get rid of the restrictive standard one and a new tail pipe to match the size of the rest of the system. so in summery extractors to tail pipe is 2 1\4 inch which flows pretty good. sounds just a tad louder than standard which is good (not to loud). And performance wise It feels like ive picked up a little bottom end torque and also seams to of smoothed out the power curve up top. so when I find out if fuel economy is any better i will post it up.

Just wanted to know where you got your extractors as i have had trouble trying to get them, thank you

Back