V9x ecu tune

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the intake system would be my first upgrade.
It is a big time restriction even with an otherwise stock car.
Exhaust isnt to bad, but certainly a 3" will help there.

You can extract probably the same power out of either a unichip/steinbauer or reflash. The reflash would be the most tuneable solution, followed by the unichip then anything else after that.

At least with a unichip when you get rid of the 550 you can take the chip with you and fit it to the next car.

So when you say intake , you mean like kn filter or something ? I have a snorkel fitted so I'm assuming that helps too .

3" system like a redback exhaust or is there a better system out there ?

Does the uni chip pump up rail preasure or do anything undesirable ?

I know you had a thread about chips going but it's been heavily edited and is now missing lots of info .

I'm fairly happy with power of the vehicle but it's the lag that I can't stand . If I could rectify that I'd be happy . Is that something that can be fixed with hard piping?

Sorry to keep asking silly questions that have probably all been asked before hahahaha

So when you say intake , you mean like kn filter or something ? I have a snorkel fitted so I'm assuming that helps too .

3" system like a redback exhaust or is there a better system out there ?

Does the uni chip pump up rail preasure or do anything undesirable ?

I know you had a thread about chips going but it's been heavily edited and is now missing lots of info .

I'm fairly happy with power of the vehicle but it's the lag that I can't stand . If I could rectify that I'd be happy . Is that something that can be fixed with hard piping?

Sorry to keep asking silly questions that have probably all been asked before hahahaha

yeah the 4 don't lag as much as 6. Bigger exhaust and dump pipe will get the turbo spooling sooner.

Its not the air filter, its the general size and design of the whole intake system before the turbo.
Snorkels will generally make it worse as you have more length and more bends meaning more restriction.

The unichip does fuel pressure or injector extension or both depending on what is required.
Fuel pressure is the better way of doing things, provided you keep it within the normal limits and do not trigger the check engine light.

Things like intake restriction play a massive role in turbo lag and the general feel of crispness when you drive the car.

Understood . Thanks heaps for the info mate . I have I good idea on which way I should go with it now to get it how I want it . I have trouble getting straight answers from shops that are all trying to push things that they are selling .

Its not the air filter, its the general size and design of the whole intake system before the turbo.
Snorkels will generally make it worse as you have more length and more bends meaning more restriction.

The unichip does fuel pressure or injector extension or both depending on what is required.
Fuel pressure is the better way of doing things, provided you keep it within the normal limits and do not trigger the check engine light.

Things like intake restriction play a massive role in turbo lag and the general feel of crispness when you drive the car.

So more direct the better. That been the case how could we add the snorkel and not loss any power.

So more direct the better. That been the case how could we add the snorkel and not loss any power.

Most cars do loose power with snorkels fitted.
It depends where the air intake was originally, with the snorkel it may be cooler intake air, but the restriction balances out the gains you would get from it.

In general throttle response and spool up will be better without the snorkel, but once the vehicle is up to 80 or more kph the snorkel can have a slight ram air effect counteracting the restriction even further.

Some brands of snorkels are just not effective at anything but keeping water out during a creek crossing, other brands have had R&D put into how they effect airflow and other things.

I had a beaudest 2 3/4 exhaust on my 3 lt gu patrol put it on after removing the safari chip because I couldn't feel any different, but the exhaust made a big difference on it's own it was a lot more responsive & smoother, I then fitted a safari snorkel to it and as dieseltuner says it lost performance, wished I had never fitted the snorkel

To OP, I dare say you were talking to one of our partners in Melbourne, If that is the case, he is correct, there is no way to tell that we have flashed the ECU, it is 100% hidden. It has caused me no dramas at all with warranty issues on mine, and it has had a few, 2 EGR Valves, an intercooler amongst many other minor things.

FYI: EEPROM = Electronically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory.

When flash tuning we can read/write micro, EEPROM and extended flash. Not Just the micro maps that most do, we purchase original bosch ECU material to allow us to see the whole chipset and hence give us more flexibility than most when tuning.

We do not corners and only use the best available equipment and resources as we know this is important to many of our customers.

To OP, I dare say you were talking to one of our partners in Melbourne, If that is the case, he is correct, there is no way to tell that we have flashed the ECU, it is 100% hidden. It has caused me no dramas at all with warranty issues on mine, and it has had a few, 2 EGR Valves, an intercooler amongst many other minor things.

95% hidden, not 100%...
Or more like 50% hidden if the person looking over the car knows what he is doing.

If the dealer sends the ecu back to nissan, they will 100% be able to tell that the tune is different.

Alot of ecu's from around 2007 onwards do have flash counters that dealers can track also.

I think I'll stay away from the reflashing idea . I'd rather pay for a tuning module like uni chip and run several different maps. Can't see the value in reflashing the ecu when for a few more dollars I can have multiple tunes at the tip of my fingers and if I upgrade I can take it with me. Not really much value for money in re flashing the ecu .

It's pretty amazing what they know these days from the services, i once did a short spell for a company driving a DAF 95 XF truck and when i went to pick it up from service he said "you don't use first gear very often when you set off do you?" i asked how he knew and he said it was all logged.

Also knew someone who had a diesel A4 S-Line company car and when he picked that up from the dealers after a service they joked with him and said they hoped it never had a problem with the engine under warranty as they knew he had never run it in and had 'red lined' it as they put it when it was brand new.

Latest posts

Back