Valving for front shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJMNAV

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I blew a TJM XGS Gold shock on the front left, ended up getting two new ones thinking it would handle better. I don't believe they are valved heavily enough, I get a bit of brake dive and about 3 or 4 bounces before returning to resting position. I get alot of body roll when turning, seems like the front is diving down etc. When it very unsure road conditions it seems to loose itself aswell - despite having the TJM torsions would up to suit a 2" lift. I don't want to go to much higher either due to handling and ride quality.

The new shocks have done prob 5k on them - about 3 weeks for me, so having the car handling predictably is vital.

I am wondering if all torsion bars are the same, or are there stiffer, better quality ones and what shocks are people using for heavier front ends

Cheers

Give them the flick and fit Bilsteins. I Bought mine from Eshocks in the USA. All the dive is gone.

Regards

Greg

well, thats what ive been told. Do they fatigue and ever sort of let you down or are they there for you all the time. The tjm ones are good when there is no stress but as soon as I need them I instantly feel like im going to come un stuck

If they bounce more then 3 times to recover your vehicle they are shot. Tjm torsion bars are very good but need appropriate shocks to suit. I will be fitting Tjm bars and bilstiens this weekend with a new steel front bar. Got my 2x front shocks for Aus $210 delivered to my door in Brisbane . Got them from 4x4parts.com

what series or model do you order, i didnt realise there were multiple types

eg 5100 silver ones and just stock yellow HD ones etc

Last edited:
Stock yellow. Dont think you cab get the 5100 series for the 22. I think they are the HD 4600 series. I emailed them and told them I wanted a shock to suit ny application and that's what they sent. I think Mattie has the same shocks up front if his 22.

Tjmnav,

Installed the bilstien shocks with the Tjm arms today and I feel completely in control. Have no front end dive on heavy braking and does wallow all over the place like it used too. My car is empty all the time in the rear apart from canopy and dual battery and handful of tools.

Rusty

Great to hear the positive response! I cant wait to get my new shocks... I have bent tie rod ends that are getting replaced in a couple of days which will be good, then i can start looking at getting some decent shocks all round!

Back