Vg30e m/t

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UV1111

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me about this engine? I was going to do the egr however..
I've encountered some problems lol. I cannot locate it! Do I have a Nav with a replacement motor? I can't attach photos of both the plates under the bonnet. It's a 2002 D22 ST/R. All along I assumed it was a ZD30
Thanks,
Amanda

It's a Nissan 3 litre V6, non turbo efi, ZD30 is Nissan 3 litre inline 4, direct injection turbo diesel, worlds different, the VG30e was mostly found in Pathfinders and Terrano's I thought.

Have you been filling up with diesel or petrol?

Vg30e is v6 petrol
Zd30 is 4cyl turbo diesel.

If plate says vg30e and yave a diesel motor someones done a naughty

Definitely filling with petrol, google didn't give me much information regarding possible modifications inc the egr. I want more power but from here on in unsure which way to go re mods.

Unsure in egr on the v6. Maybe extractors back exhaust system 2.5" is plenty big enough. 80 series air box conversion to let it breathe better and get it tuned. Not sure what else you can do as ive never really seen or heard much on the v6. You could possibly supercharge it.

Definitely filling with petrol, google didn't give me much information regarding possible modifications inc the egr. I want more power but from here on in unsure which way to go re mods.

google showed a ton of info on those motors complete with pics of the egr setup. fairly common motor nissan put into lots of vehicles.
good thing is no mention that blocking the egr is a bad thing. not sure if ecu will flag an error code tho.

G'day UV,
Pretty much with the VG30, mods are costly... I have just put extractors plus a 2.5" system, cam, diff ratios have changed, snorkel and 80 series air box. Throw in some front lockers and you will pretty much go away where with some decent 32" tyres and lift kit. ATM I am averaging 450-500km on 75L of petrol and only use 98 octane. You will need to get your computer retuned of course once you have your new exhaust system. You can get those motors with a single turbo (T04) set up however you will be looking at around 9k (plus exhaust system running at 11psi (This will get an estimate 240kw and 450 N.m of torque at the treads)) as everything will need to be custom built (this will give an estimate 230kw and around 380 N.m of torque at the treads), or 11k for an Eaton's 91 supercharge set up, this would be running on 9psi) with this you will need to do the normal pistons etc... so it depends on your budget. You could swap the motor to the VG30DET however from what I have read up on and having people I know with that motor in the 300zx I would not do the swap as it does lack some torque. The VG30dett will not fit due the twin turbos unless you want to so some custom work to the piping...

It also depends what your towing, or where you like to go off road, before most of my mods I had no issues on the beach (myself + girlfriend.. and normal beach load weight), and the owner prior to me used it for the bush and towing a caravan, so there should be no issues there. However I have no issues on track (Only restriction is myself going I am not going to damage my truck so I will give it a miss)

Other quick cheap mods, replace your spark plugs with some NKG iridium's, your ignition leads aftermarket are still the same so unless they are shot I would not bother, with those mods I have mention above, other then that install a catch can (on my xmas to do list), and it your worried about excessive load and over heating I would change my thermostat to a cooler on (74 degree). The only other mod I can think of is change your coil pack as it could be worn. If you have any questions please fire away I will be happy to help.

Latest posts

Back