Vh41 into 06 d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy.Hayes

Reaction score
Hi guys. My d40obviously hadn't. ew up on the first camping trip I tool it on. I blame the dodgy dealership I bought it from 3weeks ago who told me they fixed whatever was causing the check engine lightTo come on but obviously hadn't . car should be under warranty, but at anyrate iI'mcconsidering putting a vh41 in instead of another zd30. Has anyone tried this before? Is it even possible? Any Idea of a ballpark figure for installlation/conversion only? I can get a recon zd for $2.6k but I can but the vh for $1200 and then have someone install it. If I have to take theddealership to court I'll be off the road for ages which Iccan't really afford, especially in December. There was a bit of mud on the radiator that caked on and caused it to overheat. I washed it in clean water but it died on me about 10 km from home :-(

If the conversion has never been done before in the d40 then it might cost a bit for a engineer to put the cenversion together. I highly doubt you can get off the shelf parts to make this happen. Best bet is to find engineers local to you and ask alot of ?'s and put figures on paper and see if it can be done and see if its worth spending the cash doing it. Cheers

Sorry to hear the motor failed, doesn't sound like the usual failure - these things will overheat if the cooling fan's fluid couple fails but we towed a 1.8T van up to Qld last year with a failed fluid couple and managed it by taking it easy.

If you can shoe-horn a VH41DE into her you'll be in a distinct minority in Australia. I've not heard of anyone doing it before, but I'm sure it's possible. Might cost a bunch more than you think, because it'll need engineering certs as well.

^^ As above. I would imagine the cost would be prohibitive and complex. If you were going to do something like that you might as well go the whole hog and drop in a VK 56 out of a US Titan or Pathfinder but you would need the lot- engine and all the ancillary bits and pieces, including the transmission, BCM, ECU... list goes on.

Tell you what tho, I'd like to see it. What a nice little truck that would be.

VH is a fairly old motor series.

Unless you go for an LPG-fuel-only setup it's a bit of a nightmare swapping to an engine that is from a donor vehicle complied to older ADRs (or equivalent for O'seas models) - specifically those tied to emissions - than the project car. The usual direction is to fit an engine from a newer vehicle than the project car; provided that the cat converter, PCV, EGR and intake systems remain as they were in the donor then the engineer will be able to sign off on it on an emissions basis. Otherwise they might ask you to do an emissions test at somewhere like VIPAC, which last I was quoted was about $1000 per test... even if your car fails.

Best of luck with whatever option you choose.

Hi guys. My d40obviously hadn't. ew up on the first camping trip I tool it on. I blame the dodgy dealership I bought it from 3weeks ago who told me they fixed whatever was causing the check engine lightTo come on but obviously hadn't . car should be under warranty, but at anyrate iI'mcconsidering putting a vh41 in instead of another zd30. Has anyone tried this before? Is it even possible? Any Idea of a ballpark figure for installlation/conversion only? I can get a recon zd for $2.6k but I can but the vh for $1200 and then have someone install it. If I have to take theddealership to court I'll be off the road for ages which Iccan't really afford, especially in December. There was a bit of mud on the radiator that caked on and caused it to overheat. I washed it in clean water but it died on me about 10 km from home :-(

sorry im lost about the zd30 for a d40

Latest posts

Back