Vibration!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vh202

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i have just been through the process of replacing my driveshaft centre bearing. Prior to the replacement of the bearing I had felt a weird grinding noise in my drive train which I had not been able to diagnose. Now I am getting some really bad vibrations at really low speeds. It only occurs when accelerating from a slow speed to fast and doesnt occur when going at any sort of reasonable speed.

Has anyone experienced this sort of thing before?

Cheers
Vh

So I've spoken to a driveshaft expert here in Adelaide and he seems to think that after replacing the center bearing you need to take both shafts out and get them balanced together. This sounds plausible me but thought I'd run it past you guys first.

Currently I only get vibration at low speed which disappears at speed. Would this happen if the shaft was unbalanced?

Hi, Try undoing uni joint and turning it a half turn and re-install. Sometimes this can fix a vibration in drive shaft and doesn't cost anything.
Alan

Turns out I didn't have the uni joints in phase. Fixed this by rotating the spline around a bit. This made the vibration a lot better but the drive shaft is still banging on the fuel tank which is obviously far from ideal. Ive dropped it off to get it balanced. Heres hoping it fixes it all up

Latest posts

Back