vic - newmember with first 4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vic

Reaction score
G,day folks, new member and just bought my first 4x4. Not sure what to do with it yet , and bought it for towing the boat and camper trailer. I got the str and I,m rapt with it, (its the jap one) and I,,m wondering, do the D22s have any problems that people know of, and if they do, would you let me know. thanks for now

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, i've got a D22 04 model and never had a problem with it yet , done 200,000 km's

Welcome to the forum.

The D22 is generally pretty reliable. We've had a couple of owners that are less than happy with theirs (Aido comes to mind, thankfully Aido hasn't found the matches yet). That is no different to any manufacturer though - most owners are happy with theirs. It tows okay, it could use a little more power but down the track you can get that with a chip or other mods (exhaust and/or intercooler upgrade etc).

Welcome to the forum.

The D22 is generally pretty reliable. We've had a couple of owners that are less than happy with theirs (Aido comes to mind, thankfully Aido hasn't found the matches yet). That is no different to any manufacturer though - most owners are happy with theirs. It tows okay, it could use a little more power but down the track you can get that with a chip or other mods (exhaust and/or intercooler upgrade etc).

tony, thanks for the reply, what I need now is info ref seats. The seats that come with it are crap, I can feel the steel frame under my legs after 30 minutes and I had to put a towel under my backside to help out. Any advice would be appreceiated on whether to buy a new seat ot not
vic

tony, thanks for the reply, what I need now is info ref seats. The seats that come with it are crap, I can feel the steel frame under my legs after 30 minutes and I had to put a towel under my backside to help out. Any advice would be appreceiated on whether to buy a new seat ot not
vic

I think Scottybobcat put some D40 seats in his D22. They really are quite comfortable. Prod the old guy and see if he will let you know how he did it.

vic

welcome to the forum
yeah the seats are shocking (like the std suspension)
i have spoken too scotty about a d40 seat and they go in without too much fuss
i am fitting one this week b4 i head off to vic,10 hrs in the std seats would be torture for my back
ile let you know how it goes
ohh and welcome to the forum

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back