*VNOG* Cobaws Sun 2nd Jan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considered some time ago....pretty much sealed it yesterday.
Burnt out winch, busted coat hanger they call a tie rod, torn CV boot, suspension that doesn't work, sloppy steering box, low ground clearance, poor approach and departure angles, poor breakover angle. Its just not made for doing that sort of stuff every weekend.

Patrol or Cruiser cab chasis on the menu.

Be fore warned. The tracks are not particularly tough except for one and the scenery is nothing more than bushy scrub.
Sand Pit track is the gnarly one and we will descend it first ( gravity is a great thing)
Idea is to just get out and have a relaxed social day with a possibly of sharing knowledge on 4x4 techniques such as recovery and choosing lines, along with kicking tyres.
Relaxed is the word!

Great day aido but mongrel of a way to finish. The only upside is with team effort its out and not still out there. Thats not what i expected when it was said a bit of vehicle recovery. thanks again.

Great day aido but mongrel of a way to finish. The only upside is with team effort its out and not still out there. Thats not what i expected when it was said a bit of vehicle recovery. thanks again.

Can you post up your pics Dave?

Thanks for the write up Aido. Great teamwork from the VNOG crew to help each other out throughout the day and then to pitch in to get Aido home. Almost makes me wish I was there!

Keep at it lads.

good photo,s, Nice report aido. There,s a lot to be said about the condition of the tracks and tree,s every few hundred meter,s blocking the tracks. Dse or park,s vic need the arse, The lack of any sort of maintenance up there, This far into summer is out right dangerous. As a captain /crew leader with my local CFA if we where called up there, There is no way i would endanger my crew in condition,s like that. I realize most of those tracks are to tight for trucks, But even slip on units would be in danger. With all the OHS training we go through i can,t imagine anyone leading a crew in there. That said still a good spot for a drive, Just no escape routes in a hurry. There i feel better :big_smile::sarcastic:

Last edited:
will post those photo,s tomorrow jason. We get full internet speed then, Living out of town has it,s draw backs.

good photo,s, Nice report. There,s a lot to be said about the condition of the tracks and tree,s every few hundred meter,s blocking the tracks. Dse or park,s vic need the arse, The lack of any sort of maintenance up there, This far into summer is out right dangerous. As a captain /crew leader with my local CFA if we where called up there, There is no way i would endanger my crew in condition,s like that. I realize most of those tracks are to tight for trucks, But even slip on units would be in danger. With all the OHS training we go through i can,t imagine anyone leading a crew in there. That said still a good spot for a drive, Just no escape routes in a hurry. There i feel better :big_smile::sarcastic:

I would be bringing that up at a captains meeting Dave and also contact region 14 head quarters.I think that is region 14.Get an operations manager or region manager to get onto Talleho and get there arse kicked.

Thanks for the write up Aido. Great teamwork from the VNOG crew to help each other out throughout the day and then to pitch in to get Aido home. Almost makes me wish I was there!

Keep at it lads.

After reading about Aido's plight and how everyone pitched in throughout the day ... i feel the same way .... i ALMOST wished i was there ...

Yikes, i hope this does not become the norm, with recovering vehicles as late as mid-night everytime VNOG goes out ...

Aido
Great report and right up. I hope that you get the tie rod sorted out and get the beast back on the tracks again for this weekend ...

:cheers!:

Latest posts

Back