VQ40 100,000km service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone had the 100,000km service done on their V6 Petrol ?
Trying to figure out what else needs doing and the service manual is pretty useless.
The VQ40 has a timing chain not a belt so when the book says the timing belt needs changing I lost faith
I know it should be all fluids and filters and a set of spark plugs but wondering what else

Just trying to lower the pain to the wallet by doing as much as I can myself

According to one of the compare servicing websites it's about 20 checks and 5 or 6 replacement parts, which fits pretty closely with any Nissan I have serviced.

Major's are usually multiples of 40 with multiples of 80 being a radiator flush.

It's like all Nissan books (probably all manufacturers), they are genric and cover a wider range than the model on the front cover. The one I got with mine has the petrol engine specs for servicing, but they are the same specs as the book for my old man's pathy (which I have no idea why we still have) and his Pathy manual has the specs for the diesel engine which Australia never got in the early models.

Yeah just generic books that really dont tell much
I think new plugs and fix the A/C and mine will be all good

Just bought my son an 04 Pulsar Q Sedan also in black so now I have 2 Nissans to service and polish lol

My 2011 book seems pretty straight forward what needs replacing .At a guess when they mention timing belt on gasoline engine there talking about the 2.4 frontier which does have timing belt.

Best do it yaself. Nissan want 1100 to do it. Checks are a croc. Its your car, you know whats wrong with it. Do all fluids inc coolant and plugs, but I have a feeling the plugs are 150k. Could be wrong tho. I refuse to pay that for somebody to check my seatbelts etc. You also have 3 timing chains 1 primary 2 secondaries. Dont wanna have to do those. Nissan were gonna charge me 3800 to do tensioners. Thank god I got it done under good will claim.

Not sure on the plugs. Definately different to what ive done before being coil packs. Plenty info on clubfrontier tho. What plugs you puttin in. I need to do mine as Ive just cracked the hundred. If it doesnt sound supercharged your tensioners are still good.

Havent decided yet was going to get hold of some friends on ClubFrontier and ask what they use
Checked on Courtesy Nissan and they are selling NGK as the factory plugs so might go that way

Last edited:
Hey Aussie,
What did you end up doing for your 100k service? My Navara is in Total Traction in Belco at the moment. Just got a call saying they need to replace the spark plugs according to the manual (I'm at 102k) and it would be $60 per platinum plug plus labour. I said no thanks and have been researching how I can buy them myself and do the job myself. Found this page on Club Frontier so might give it a crack this month.
Any advice on the service in case they call again with something else?

Latest posts

Back