Wade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reptile

Reaction score
D22 sceptical motor

Hi all yea new to the forum,just brought a black 2009 NISSAN NAVARA D22 with 89000klms on it from a dealer a few months ago.They said it had a service, I had black smoke on first and second gear hard take offs so I reset ecu and put some injector cleaner through it fixed that.After a couple of weeks i start getting a banging noise from my belts.Put some water on them to make sure it was them tightend the alternator up fixed it up a little. noticed that were the ecu connection is it has screwdriver marks on it.Has anythink tampered with.by the way im not mechanically minded so id don't know much about cars.My question is has this motor only done 89000 klms on been wound back.I really like this ute should I send it in and get it fully checked over,replacing belts,checking dyno,ect ect thanks wade

Last edited:
Hi all yea new to the forum,just brought a black 2009 NISSAN NAVARA D22 with 89000klms on it from a dealer a few months ago.They said it had a service, I had black smoke on first and second gear hard take offs so I reset ecu and put some injector cleaner through it fixed that.After a couple of weeks i start getting a banging noise from my belts.Put some water on them to make sure it was them tightend the alternator up fixed it up a little. noticed that were the ecu connection is it has screwdriver marks on it.Has anythink tampered with.by the way im not mechanically minded so id don't know much about cars.My question is has this motor only done 89000 klms on been wound back.I really like this ute should I send it in and get it fully checked over,replacing belts,checking dyno,ect ect thanks wade

A banging noise, can you hear it at idle or just while your driving? If its just while your driving it could be your engine mounts. Also, if its got a service history, maybe check the stamp on the book and give the mechanic a ring to confirm mileage/dates etc, he should have it all on his computer.

Back