water in Auto trans

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry

Reaction score
hi has anyone had problems with D40 auto's getting water in them from raditaor & do you know how much for rebuild ? only done 88000 km 5 years old next week

I've heard of it a couple of times but from damage, not age, and usually causes trans fluid to contaminate the radiator as well. Fair bit of work to clean it all up but haven't heard of any long-lasting issues once it's been fixed. I don't recall the costs but labour will be the biggest hit.

It's certainly a good case to argue in favour of separating the transmission cooler. Mine's the same age as yours (about 147,000km on her now) but I have just had my radiator rebuilt so I don't think it's going to be an immediate drama for me. I still might go get myself a separate cooler and whack it in just to be safe.

It used to be an issue particularly with 4 and 5 sp falcons...--rebuilds were around 41800 to $2600...not sure with the Nissan's---just depends on how much it is gooooo...d up and any corrossion.

sometimes just a flush will do the job

I rang a few autotrans places its from $3000 - $6200 depending on whats found
$8200 from nissan to supply box & 6 week wait
yes Old Tony I would put that cooler on
I ve been going to for 5 years

$8efn200 for a gearbox! That's a quarter of the price of an entire car.

Back