Water in footwell after rain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon you, me, a torch, a garden hose and about 10 minutes ought to find it.

It could be coming in through the side windows, particularly if the door seals are penetrated by roof bar mounting clips (you don't have a garage so we can't see). Your winding-window seals could be letting water into the door and if the inner membrane has been damaged/removed, water could be making its way onto the door panel (where your speaker mounts to) and into the cabin.

The windscreen is a definite possibility, but check for ingress through the venting at the front first. I'm just wondering if it's entering your air conditioning passageways and dropping on the floor that way. Then I'd spray around the windscreen - pay particular attention to the area along the top, I recall something about windscreen sealing problems in that area.

D40s had an issue where some of the cars had shorter drainage hoses that popped out of the firewall and leaked condensate into the cabin, but that happens on hot humid days, not just when it rains. I'd still check that too, just in case.

I had the same thing with my Patrol and it ended up being windscreen seals. Didn't show any sign of water marks, was sneakily coming through the bottom of the screen and behind the dash into the footwells, took me ages to find the water trail (without pulling dash out). Had it filled with sealant and still didn't help. Ended up having to have the seals replaced.

Good luck!

My bet would be the big rubber seal where the wiring comes into the cabin inside the drivers side quarter panel just above the accelerator pedal. I had the same issue as you for ages, that seal for some reason wasn't clipping into the quarter panel properly so was letting water in every time it rained. Ended up just running a bead of roof and gutter neutral cure silicon between it and the quarter panel all the way around and has been fine since...

Pain in the butt to find it and to get in there to seal it up, I pulled the plastic covers off inside the drivers wheel arch and did it from below...

I've got the same problem but passenger side. For me there's a visible water mark on the far left hand side, toward the front of the car. Looks like it's coming from windscreen or thereabouts for me. Lots of water gets in though, about 2cm deep after some really heavy rain.

Been meaning to fix it.

If the water is only on the drivers side front (D22), Ive found its normally the grommet for the aerial that leaks, have sealed many of these in the past

Ok ended up pulling the quarter panel off,

Found this wiring loom (in pic)
That looked pretty sealed still, however I silicones around it and the Airiel anyways.
Then blasted the window while sitting in can.
Noticed water slowly leaking in. So discovered it was bottom window cnr seal. Half a tube of silicon later - hope it's sealed now.
Will check again in 72hrs after applying to check for leaks....
Ps 1/4 panel is a bitch to take off!!

Attachments

• image-180085197.jpg
    image-180085197.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 159
Ok. After I sealed that wiring loom, and the antenna cable.
Rained again today, so after driving thru the rain...
Water in can again!!!! Grr.
Any other ideals people?

Ok. After I sealed that wiring loom, and the antenna cable.
Rained again today, so after driving thru the rain...
Water in can again!!!! Grr.
Any other ideals people?

yep, how about never use silicone on rubber gromets

the other idea may be to check the drainage channels around the engine bay and along the bottom of the windscreen, also around the base of the wipers in between the windscreen and bonnet there is a sump area that is meant to drain the water from that area check its drain plug or plugs aren't blocked, you may have to pull the grille of that area to gain access

Ok.. Think we finally found them: used a gerni on windscreen, and found slow leaks. Used soapy water on outside of window, used air compressor on inside and looked for air bubbles

After again another pour down and still water in side foot well, I used soapy water and air gun, found the bubbles and leaks coming from a manufacturing weld...
And the windscreen screw grommets.
For all I know I could have been leaking since day 1.. As its nothing I'm caused or changed.
So a heap of silicon had filled it now.
Will dry and test again in a few days

Attachments

• image-2294556935.jpg
    image-2294556935.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 138
  • image-3500235190.jpg
    image-3500235190.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 138
  • image-2715885975.jpg
    image-2715885975.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 132