Weekend Camp Sites

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
alright im not sure its best in the brisbane section but it sounds good to me.

i am one of those people that favours going away for just a weekend camping with mates/dates/etc. since starting an apprenticeship 5years ago and now being a qualified tradey for over a year im am wanting to get back into the camping that i miss so dam much. the wife has never really been camping and i took her once to Lake Moogerah a few weeks back and she loved it, so ive been put in control of where to go next. times has come and we finally have another weekend free with no plans whatsoever except to camp.

So what im asking is.

Where have you been camping around brisbane area or maybe within 1.5-2hours drive in any direction from lets say Logan :S.

I was hoping to go somewhere where i could take the in laws tinny and throw a line in and catch some decent fish. so i looked at the Dams, Somerset, Maroon, Boondoomba, Wivenhoe, etc. some of them only allow electric outboard motors so they are out.

Any Ideas would be a great help?

Cheers
Rusty

Charlie Moreland is a great camp ground... Just behind Maleny ...heaps of 4x4 tracks through Conondale N.P and Kenilworth Forest, water holes and Booloomba Falls to swim in, you can fish the river right there for the elusive Mary River Cod or i am almost positive you can take your boat into borumba dam(short drive) just behind Imbil to fish for bass, saratoga and a crap load of Red Claw. There are also two camp grounds at the Dam one at the base of the dam wall which i think is the better one and another in a Deer park about 2 minutes down the road.
:cheers!:

Attachments

• charlie 004.jpg
    charlie 004.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 69
  • charlie 020.jpg
    charlie 020.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 65
  • charlie 008.jpg
    charlie 008.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
also give the 4wd parks a look into as well... a bit expensive for just a weekend away, but the camp sites are usually pretty darn nice and the drive in and out of them is also pretty good too.

Dunno if you like beach camping/fishing but I like hitting Bribie or Double Island for short weekend camping trips.

Next weekend I'm going down to broken head just past Byron for some camping. Never been there and apparently there is 4wd access on Seven Mile Beach. Should be fun.

Latest posts

Back