Weight of your rig

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One day I'll go back to the dump and take a pic of the weighbridge reading.

You enter on one weighbridge and leave on another, and it's surprisingly close to accurate on what I had been throwing out, so I can only assume that it's pretty close.
Yep I guess with the steel bar Aldi winch ect ect I can see that weight. I am guilty with 1.2tonne in the trailer and no brakes on the trailer. It is amazing how it adds up.

Yep I guess with the steel bar Aldi winch ect ect I can see that weight. I am guilty with 1.2tonne in the trailer and no brakes on the trailer. It is amazing how it adds up.

Mate I'd be concerned about that trailer weight with no brakes. I had my old trailer push me into another car in the wet yrs ago.

Mine was 2.24 with steel nissan bar, nissan canopy, almost a full tank of fuel and nothing in the tub. I also don't have a rear step on mine but will soon. It makes you think about those people driving around in Silverado's with a full load on a car licence.

Mine was 2.24 with steel nissan bar, nissan canopy, almost a full tank of fuel and nothing in the tub. I also don't have a rear step on mine but will soon. It makes you think about those people driving around in Silverado's with a full load on a car licence.
Yeah... last week I saw an f650 here in perth with a truck turntable on the back and the trailer would have been almost the size of a semi trailer.....

Yeah... last week I saw an f650 here in perth with a truck turntable on the back and the trailer would have been almost the size of a semi trailer.....
That probably tows a 3rd wheeler or one of those giant horsefloats. I saw a d40 converted to a 3rd wheeler the van would of been 35ft long. I guess it would be easy to back with that length.

That probably tows a 3rd wheeler or one of those giant horsefloats. I saw a d40 converted to a 3rd wheeler the van would of been 35ft long. I guess it would be easy to back with that length.
5th wheeler, but I know what you're saying..

Yeah lol. The longer they are the easier to back.. as long as you can see the sides of the trailer.

I think it had a closed in trailer like you'd use for racing cars, but I can't be certain now...

:rofl:
5th wheeler, but I know what you're saying..

Yeah lol. The longer they are the easier to back.. as long as you can see the sides of the trailer.

I think it had a closed in trailer like you'd use for racing cars, but I can't be certain now...
lol 3rd wheeler I must of been thinking of a tricycle I better have another coffee.

Haha it's all good...

It is amazing how quickly the weight adds up though...

About to get Scotty to knock me up some sliders he says around 50kg a set then a tjm rear bar 40kg then a winch mounted on the chassis behind the alloy bar. I guess there is another 130+kgs.

Yep... it doesnt take a lot to get over 2.5t... I have a winch with rope instead of cable on mine and an xrox bar too so it surprised me to be that heavy... the xrox with the winch weighs about the same as a normal steel bar on its own..

Yep... it doesnt take a lot to get over 2.5t... I have a winch with rope instead of cable on mine and an xrox bar too so it surprised me to be that heavy... the xrox with the winch weighs about the same as a normal steel bar on its own..

Yeah I know it seems silly fitting a winch behind an alloy bar but it can be done I just was trying to keep the weight down as it tows 90% of the time for work and my van is 1.7t with the water tanks full.

Before I got the xrox bar I was considering that if I could get an alloy bar cheap enough... they can still look good and work the same as being fitted to a steel bar anyway just with a lot less weight.....

i weighed in at 2250kg - 155L diesel, 70L water, steel canopy on a aluminium tray and the normal accessories (no winch tho) on a single cab. that's no people in the car either.

and then i chuck the 3.8m boat on the roof, all the boat stuff and camping gear in. plus 2 kelpie dogs and 2 people.

too scared to weigh it fully loaded lol

Soon they will change the laws and make us 4wd owners have light truck licences to operate our 4wd's the way the laws are going..... Decent mods fuel and a big caravan you must be over 4 tonnes......

Back