weird noise in reverse and coming back through gears

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear it's fixed, but holy mother of ... dunno how any of us could have figured out or predicted that one!
Yep yep... I would have possibly said loose exhaust heat shield, but no way known you'd guess the bonnet support pole hahahah

Bonnet support rod

The same thing happened to me last weekend on Fraser Island. The plastic holder broke a month ago but I thought it wouldn't go anywhere. I went over a few bumps on Orchid Beach Road and heard this loud rattling noise coming from the engine. I thought the turbo had gone in the worst location I could imagine. The bonnet support rod had jumped over the radiator and was rattling against the fan blades. Phew, what a relief.

Steve, please check the roots of the fan blades for cracking. Under power when the engine is hot, the blade tips can pull forward and chew out the back of your radiator. That WILL be a disaster!

I'll do that Tony, thanks. There was slight damage to the edges of the blades where they made contact but I didn't have a real good look.

Glad to hear it's fixed, but holy mother of ... dunno how any of us could have figured out or predicted that one!

Yeah to be honest I was not 100% convinced either at the time, but its been about 2 weeks now since and no sign of the noise.

Back