Weird question?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonka Truck

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have asked manufacturers various questions about suspension parts for my Navara and I had the weirdest thing ever asked about my model Navara. This guy asked me if my 2017 model was a "Hi Rider" version? My question to the forum is - Has anybody owned or heard of a "Hi Rider" Nissan Navara in any model or year?

Toyota and Ford have Hi-Rider versions, haven't heard of this in the Navara.

I don't know whether that means the cars have increased lift from modified suspension, or new owners get a gift certificate for a medical marijuana.

not heard it with nissan at all.
a few other brands have it. all it is the 2wd model made to look like the 4wd model. afaik i don't think nissan have ever done that.

otherwise it could be a dealer is selling models with aftermarket suspension fitted and calling it "hi rider". we have lots of those sorts of deals here. so it could just be a local thing.

I brought my 2014 navara d22 from Berwick Mitsubishi, 3 years ago
, they stated it had an off-road kit. The vehicle is higher than standard.
This they claim is factory.

Attachments

• 5DFCF3DE-0186-4B1E-BF04-8D69E7211034.jpeg
    5DFCF3DE-0186-4B1E-BF04-8D69E7211034.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I've owned 2 of them, which I bought new. I still have one. Both completely stock D22's. I just dug out photos of both & compared the ride hight to yours; there's no difference that I can see :)

there is no "factory" kits. if yours has one, and it doesn't look like it, then its fitted by the dealer not nissan.
lots of brands do that these days. stealerships fit aftermarket suspension, bars etc. sometimes illegally. a few of them got caught out when the utes failed safety inspection due to the "factory" illegal mods.

Toyota and Ford have Hi-Rider versions, haven't heard of this in the Navara.

I don't know whether that means the cars have increased lift from modified suspension, or new owners get a gift certificate for a medical marijuana.
Love your work Tony!!

not heard it with nissan at all.
a few other brands have it. all it is the 2wd model made to look like the 4wd model. afaik i don't think nissan have ever done that.

otherwise it could be a dealer is selling models with aftermarket suspension fitted and calling it "hi rider". we have lots of those sorts of deals here. so it could just be a local thing.
Yup, that is likely.

Thanks for the input guys. It seems that the "Hi Rider" option by Nissan is a myth. Some people just talk out their backsides hey. I might just throw a 2" lift in and put some Hi Rider stickers on it. That will throw a curve ball. Just imagine, they will say, "Yes, I have seen one myself" if they see mine. If I do it. Problem is, that Ford Hi Rider sticker might make my Nissan rust and fall to pieces. Lol

Latest posts

Back