Welding torsion bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr13b

Reaction score
Has any one here welded there torsion bars in to prevent them spining in the spline. Ive spun mine once and it wasnt really a hard hit. So thinking about welding them in at a set height?? Yay or am i mad???

+1 on not welding it. They're springs, and springs are only springs because of the heat treatment. Weld it and you change that - you'll turn them from springs into star pickets.

yah, what they said... besides what if you need to replace them? or adjust your ride height?

maybe look at new torsion bars or splines?

Yeh cheers guyz. There hd ironman items in there atm and i spun the rear on the drivers side. Is there a hd spline adjuster thingy that can be used??

Has any one here welded there torsion bars in to prevent them spining in the spline. Ive spun mine once and it wasnt really a hard hit. So thinking about welding them in at a set height?? Yay or am i mad???

Take a pic of where you intend to weld and post it up

Don't weld it!

It mustn't have been istalled correctly or had a manufacturing fault.

My EFS have taken a pounding (steel bar + winch) up the cape for 2 weeks. Hammering across millions of corrigations and some big hits in bulldust holes.

Mate if you have spun the torsion bars on the splines. The torsion bars have not been fitted correctly.
Make sure the rear adjusting cam is seated in the right place [very easy for it to be in the wrong place
Cheers

ZORDO said:
Mate if you have spun the torsion bars on the splines. The torsion bars have not been fitted correctly.
Make sure the rear adjusting cam is seated in the right place [very easy for it to be in the wrong place
Cheers

Wat is the right place ?? Are you talkin about how it sits in that cross member or the actual torsion bar in the rear spline.

Latest posts

Back