What brand of turbo boost gauge to buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewD

Reaction score
What brands of turbo boost gauges are worth buying? Any to stay away from? What is the approximate cost?

Cheers

OH half recommends stayign with a japanese brand like greddy, trust, apexi, defi. they r all around $200 each.

stay away from cheap nasty ones :)

I've got/had apexi's for about 2 year now. Very happy with them. Well made and very clear to see.

P5250011.jpg

gaugenight10.jpg

tommy they look very factory. great choice. i know you probally already told us but where do i go to buy the parts needed. gauages, pod, sensors etc. thanks

tommy they look very factory. great choice. i know you probally already told us but where do i go to buy the parts needed. gauages, pod, sensors etc. thanks

Pillar Pods available from ebay UK:
60mm pillar pod items - Get great deals on Vehicle Parts Accessories, All Manufacturers items on eBay UK!

Gauges from any Japanese importer:
I used greenline as they where the cheapest at the time, here are 2 I've used before.
Greenline Motorsports - Bringing you the world's cheapest Japanese performance parts
PerfectRun Japan parts | JDM parts | Japanese aftermarket high performance car parts

Sensors come with the gauge(s) (well Apex'i come with everything you need)

Autometer also have a good name and a fair selection of colours. Usually you can pick these up from America for about half the price you can get 'em for here.

looks like with apex'i ones you need to have controller unit as well.

Tommy, how easy are these to install yourself?

looks like with apex'i ones you need to have controller unit as well.

Tommy, how easy are these to install yourself?

Yes, you need the controler unit if you go for the electronic gauges.

gaugenight5.jpg

Very easy to install. Find the IGN power and Illumination wires of the back of the stereo with a test light, and wire it up as per the instructions. (they're available in English which really helps, as the ones I got there in Japanese/hieroglyphics)

Back