What can go wrong, will go wrong.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeak81

Reaction score
Ok so has anyone installed a D22 3Ltr box in a D21?? We have rebuild the dam thing 3 times in 2 months with last 2 in under 1 week. Not a total rebuild tho. It is off to the gearbox bloke to get a once over and see if it is worth fixing again.

It normally has 1 tonne on its back roughly once a week which in reality shouldn't affect it.

Krafty, No comments about trading her in as my old dinosaur just needs a bit of TLC. If i could update her i would go for a D22 :rock:

Anyway my oldest wants her when he has his licence, like 4 years off lol.

No comments about updating the dinosaur but seriously I pegged you as someone with a clue, why would you downgrade to a D22 :ha:

Well you don't own a TV, you live in QLD and you would be happy downgrading from a D21 to a D22, I'm sorry but hope is really fading for you, are you sure you don't want to buy a second hand Triton with 2 wheels and no engine?

A FS5R30A box from a D22 ZD30DDT won't bolt up. You'd need to fit a D22 motor like a QD32, ZD30DDT, or a VG33E.

You'd likely have better luck with the auto box - I've never heard of any weaknesses - but I don't know if it fits easily or not.

Thanks Dion, will look into it at a later date. Getting the original box back tomorrow from getting a rebuild. At a cost of $780.

squeak ... just go for a d40 ... they keep running even with parts falling off them ... (someone lost a shockie last weekend - and it was not me!!)

With a custom belhousing it would work but them you have to mod the gearbox crossmember aswell to fit the box in.

Dave.

Back