what chip for my unknown engine??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndour

Reaction score
hello mates!!

i didnt know how to put a title that dont drive people to the wrong idea so here is the question

you know im from chile, southamerica.

i have a 2007 navara d22 dual cab, YD25 engine. first thing is i dont know what version of engine i have, if it is common rail or not, how much HPs i have in my dear nav.

if you can help me with that, ill post any information you need to check what type of YD25 i have.

moreover i dont know what "chipIT kit" buy for my nav. the idea is buy the chip and the EGR plate firstly but maybe it worth to get something else since im doing the shipping from AU to Chile(same shipping price adding more items).

i hope you can help me or guide me in this! i dont wanna screw it because will be an expensive mistake if i do it .

greetings from chile!!

I doubt its the CR version

does it look like this (non CR)
6315869.jpg

or like this (CR version)
aus2008013109368_alt.jpg

after watching those pics... i'm 80% sure looks like the first one(Non CR), but i cant check the engine bay right now, because my nav is at the insurance service after a thief opened and and broke some stuffs of her.

its supposed they will give me her back tomorrow, so i will check that.

but if it is the non common rail, the motor is 133HP?? 2003-2005 version(the ugly death YD25)?? what kit should i get from ChipIt??

thanks for the pics 180degrees

we got the best engine buddy, direct injection non CR :sarcastic: (same as the uk but without the bottom end failures)... selling of the cr version began in 2011 I think (here in Chile).. common rail engines have lower emissions, euro 4 and all that stuff.. Power and torque figures are the same 133hp & 304 Nm, but I've heard the new ones feel a little less torquier, they're much quieter too.
Don't know much about chips, but if you can chip the zd30, i'm sure there must be something for the non cr yd as well.. cheers!

we got the best engine buddy, direct injection non CR :sarcastic: (same as the uk but without the bottom end failures)... selling of the cr version began in 2011 I think (here in Chile).. common rail engines have lower emissions, euro 4 and all that stuff.. Power and torque figures are the same 133hp & 304 Nm, but I've heard the new ones feel a little less torquier, they're much quieter too.
Don't know much about chips, but if you can chip the zd30, i'm sure there must be something for the non cr yd as well.. cheers!

i dont want the end bearing problem or w/e you call it! that mean time to get a new motor(TD42 :confused2:)
ChipIt has a kit for pre common rail YD25 motor... so after i do the confirmation comparing with the pics, i will be askin about what kit XD.

greetings!!

Ps: that is true!! new D22 drives different(thks to minning i'm always driving differents utes), i knew they have the same motor as D40 for our zone but im not sure about this.

i dont want the end bearing problem or w/e you call it! that mean time to get a new motor(TD42 :confused2:)
ChipIt has a kit for pre common rail YD25 motor... so after i do the confirmation comparing with the pics, i will be askin about what kit XD.

greetings!!

Ps: that is true!! new D22 drives different(thks to minning i'm always driving differents utes), i knew they have the same motor as D40 for our zone but im not sure about this.
don't worry, there are no probs with the big end bearings here.. the yd on the D40 has a different head, turbo and computer, that's where the power gains come from...

don't worry, there are no probs with the big end bearings here.. the yd on the D40 has a different head, turbo and computer, that's where the power gains come from...

mmm and do you know if our YD25 comes with normal turbo or VGT??

Latest posts

Back