what did your company get you as a gift or bonus for xmas?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kus89

Reaction score
just thought id start a thread to see what everyone got for xmas from their employer

i got a bbq put on (they were nice enough to pay us for 2hrs while we had the bbq) and that was it by the way the money came from the vending machine so we paid for it ourselves pretty well no pressies or bonuses this year thanks brazilian owners of JBS (NOT) i think its time for a new employer that treats us right (also took over 12 months to negotiate an eba which still screwed the workers)

so what did you guys recieve as a bonus or gift?

My bastard boss got me nothing just like he does every year...some times it's hard being self employed.

geeze lil menace where do you work i think we all need to come work for your boss we could get all our mods done through him

krafty i think you will have to sort that bastard out hey atleast i got a bbq

We got to work a full day today but we were told we had to have 14 of our 20 days annual leave
As for bonus or pressies nada
Working for a large Japanese company sux

i feel your pain working for a large company brazilian owned now was australian was good when we were now they are just about saving as much money as they can so they have max profits screw the workers but i dont get holidays i get the joy of working a shutdown 12hr days for 3 weeks straight except public holidays which for a change we get paid this year

I got a BBQ put on in which we did some fund raising and payed $15 each. They payed us for 3 hours and we had beer, a roast and prawns.
No bonus, no presents, no public holiday pay and I am taking leave without pay till next year.
Yay for being labor hire for Gold Coast City Council.

Got to leave early, 4 day weekend, a toild day to make up for monday RDO, and a digital clamp meter.

Self employed here so no gifts for me, I paid $700 to take my staff out to dinner, that'll do for me, they get it pretty good most days of the year.

We had a BBQ breakfast that I and one of the other guys got to cook. Then it was just another day at work.

I work with Jodie and my sister in the family business, a small regional bus company with 30 staff, we had our work breakup yesterday afternoon.

Started with lunch and drinks at a local hotel paid for by work

Then back to work for nibbles and some more drinks (again paid by work) and a raffle/draw for staff (tags on a chrissy tree, name called pick a tag and that's got your gift on it). Prizes included bags with a couple of bottles of wine and chocolates, bottles of whiskey, slabs of beer, meal vouchers (for the pub where we had lunch) and christmas hams (again paid for by work)

The lunchroom tea/coffee/drinks/ice cream club paid for a name draw with 3 prizes (1st $150, 2nd $100 & 3rd $50 for accomodation, food and food), put peoples name in a box, draw them out when your name comes out you're out.

After that more nibbles and drink until about 8 in the evening, staff were paid until normal knock off time even though it started at noon.

I didn't think we did anything over the top but it sounds like some of you guys get stuff all...

Geeze you lot whine like an EH diff.
Why is tnere an expectation of the employer to provide you with anything?
Self employed - $400 trolley full of grog to help me get through this weekend......family and guests have been told to byo LOL

Latest posts

Back