what diff ratio is your d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mud Fish

Reaction score
I am looking at putting the r200a diff in my truck and was under the impression that the d22 zd30 had a 4.375 ratio but according to my vin plate i have a CA46 which is a 4.625 ratio which is good news because they are easy to find in that ratio. i am curious to what you guys have and what year they changed. mine is the early model jan 02.

What motor are you running? That has everything to do with the diff model. In my research for finding the bits to do a ratio change-
The QD32 powered navara has a R180 front and H233B rear with 4.625 ratio
The VG33E has a R200 front and H233B rear with 4.625 ratio
The ZD30 has a R180 front and C200 rear with 4.375 ratio.

one other way to tell is what sort of revs are you doing at 100? mine (06 zd30) does about 2500rpm to give you a reference point.

yip mine is the zd30 it use to run around 2500 /100kph with the stranded 265/70r16. looked into r200 swap a while ago so got a ruff idea what i have to do. There is plenty of vg33e terrano around here with the 4.625 ratio

Was talking to a guy at Central Coast 4wd wreckers a while back, he said to me, he has seen a few early D22's with the same on the compliance plates.

Said he pulled the plate off and counted the teeth and it worked out being 4.375 ratio. Not 4.636.

Was talking to a guy at Central Coast 4wd wreckers a while back, he said to me, he has seen a few early D22's with the same on the compliance plates.

Said he pulled the plate off and counted the teeth and it worked out being 4.375 ratio. Not 4.636.

There should be a crown:pinion ratio stamped on the side of the crown wheel.

38:8 (4.375) or 37:8(4.625)

I think thats what he went off. The compliance plate said HG46 for a ZD30 powered D22.

However I could clearly see it had a C200 rear diff and R180A front diff. He done the calculation's and sure enough it was 4.375 to 1.

Well thats good to no i better count the teeth then before i get the diff just to be safe. I have to replace a busted cv and put some new lower arm bushes in so i check it out then thanks for that

Well thats good to no i better count the teeth then before i get the diff just to be safe. I have to replace a busted cv and put some new lower arm bushes in so i check it out then thanks for that

No need to count the teeth mate, on the side of the crown wheel you'll see the ratio stamped.

35:8 for 4.375
37:8 for 4.625

so i took the cover off the rear diff today and it is 35:8 - 4.375 not 4.625 as the trans axle plate said. so thanks for your help

iam not to sure on that mate someone will no on here. if i had the $$ i would go for reduction gears in the transfer case that way it,s still good on the highway. most of the r200 diffs i have seen seem to be 4.375 for the manual and 4.625 for the auto.higher the number the lower the gear is if that helps any.

Last edited:
No worries. So as I am running 32s I should just stay standard?

I would have thought that it might depend on your vehicle mods (ie Chip, exhaust, etc) and whether u do alot of towing, etc..... In saying that I'm still running the original size tyres but will be looking at upgrading to 32's in the near future, so keen to near people's results......

I know when I'm towing our Van, that the ute does tend to struggle to get off the mark (good when moving) when it involves any sort of incline and my ute is already chipped and has a 2.75" exhaust + front mount IC as well, so as I said keen to hear from others.....

Has anybody seen or used the reduction gears for the d22 that are sold on snake racing....? If I read right, in low4 with these gears there is a 90% reduction...?

changed to 4,6

hi i have just changed the ratio to a 4.6 (used a diff out of the early d22 with the 3.2 and got it for $200)you can do the same in the front a mate got a spare one he changed over to 4,88 Nick got them out of the usa .with 4.6 towwing the camper is alot better if you only want to go 100km hour with 265 ,n 75 tyres you can drive up the hume in 5th with ease ,with the 35s on the speedo about right and makes off road a lot better with them

Latest posts

Back