What dont you like about your D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevespatrol

Reaction score
As im in the market for the new D22 2.5 and umming and urring about a new 2.5 or the D-max just wanted to know what dont you like about your rig.

I don't like the fact that it's not a D40 :big_smile:

Although had I been comparing the D-Max to the D22 and not the D40 I'd have definitely gone for the top of the range D-Max which was only about $3K dearer than the D22 when I brought mine

I Have a new one with all of 200km on it. I feel they are very good value for money as they are on an excellent special from Nissan, But some of the cheap exclusions are dissapointing.

1. The door open courtesy light switches are fitted to the drivers door only! Previously fitted to all 4 doors with this model.
2. No Immobiliser fitted
3. No remote locking.
4. Fit and Finish and paint is average.

I am pretty particular so these items may be of no concern to others.

Regards
Greg

I Have a new one with all of 200km on it. I feel they are very good value for money as they are on an excellent special from Nissan, But some of the cheap exclusions are dissapointing.

1. The door open courtesy light switches are fitted to the drivers door only! Previously fitted to all 4 doors with this model.
2. No Immobiliser fitted
3. No remote locking.
4. Fit and Finish and paint is average.

I am pretty particular so these items may be of no concern to others.

Regards
Greg

top 3 things can be done, as for the last jusrt take it off road a few times and it wont matter

I chose the D40 over the D22, because the D22 wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, but I wish I had of got the DMAX, far better 4WD if you plan on going offroad.

Yeah, yeah, ok

:focus:

the questions between a dmax and a d22....

A salonmobile is not mentioned anywhere.

why are they better off road?

even the D22 is better than the D40 offraod. just shear size and poorer turning circle makes the D40 worse than a lot of the other utes.

i still like the D22, especially that it has mechanical 4x4 gear selector rather than silly switches that always play up or the ABS that disables your 4x4 when it plays up.

If you got an ABN you can pick a new D22 for $32k, spend a few grand on some aftermarket gear and you got ya self a much better truck then the Dmax.

even the d22 is better than the d40 offraod. Just shear size and poorer turning circle makes the d40 worse than a lot of the other utes.

I still like the d22, especially that it has mechanical 4x4 gear selector rather than silly switches that always play up or the abs that disables your 4x4 when it plays up.

+1 .

I only really have a couple of gripes about my D22 (ZD30)

It is seriously short on torque until you get it up to around 1500 rpm and get some boost happening (Which is a PITA when towing) I have not driven a YD25 powered one to compare. But with the ZD30, uphill starts when towing feel like a toss up between the combo starting to move off and the clutch giving up. In some situations where I can stop after the climb I put it in low range to make sure I will not have a problem.

The rear seat space is really a luggage space, otherwise good for young kids and amputees.

The front seats and the driving position are OK, but not great.

The ride is strangely miss matched front to rear, the rear shows the 1 tonner heritage and the front is marshmallow soft so over undulations you get the rear suspension trying to compress your spine and then a moment later the front trying to make you seasick as it dumps down onto the stops. Not a nice feeling.

I have been thinking on if I keep mine or sell it to lease a D40 for work (The ride would put me off selling the D22 to the lease company and leasing it back instead of getting a new D40) If I kept it under a lease I would have to spend a couple of grand on it first I reckon, some good front seats, retrimmed to match the car or retrim the rear seat to match the new front ones and some trick springs and torsion bars to improve the ride and the front to rear balance.

I think it is a good ute for the money paid, but there are plenty of things I would have set up differently.

haha i now what you are saying bluester bout the when taking off on a hill when towing my mrs tow the horse float with our d22, and im wating to get the call one day from her to say 'the car wont go foward!', as for suspension i thought the same thing till i changed rear springs and shocks all round made difference

I reckon the best thing they could have done to the ZD30 powered ones as a tow car was supply an auto option. I would have bought one with an auto if they were available. That would apply to the current D22 as well for me. I already have new shocks all round, Bilsteins, but the front ones are still too soft IMO which says how badly under rated the stock ones were. I have been holding off doing anything about them as if I get them re rated and then change torsion bars I would need to do it again. Rears I have even wondered about softer rear springs with air spring helpers for when it is loaded. Unless they have changed the suspension setup in the current D22 that would apply to it as well.

The stupid thing is that the D22 has a better ride and is less laggy than my Holden (Daewoo) Captiva work car. That is set up absurdly stiff with presumably little travel and little ground clearance even for a soft roader, you go looking for smooth roads to give your back a break.

Latest posts

Back