What height is right.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustyd22

Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie here. I'm looking at a suspension lift to get me places off road as well as around the city. In looking at either 2in or 3in. Which is the best height choice for my money?
Thanks in advance.

Most suspension companies will offer a 2" lift but without going Snake Racing 3" or chucking in a body lift as well as suspension lift you will be limited to 2". Plus depending on what state you are in body lift is not legal, and I believe anything more than 2" or 50mm in most states is illegal anyway.

Have a snake 3 inch lift, if I had my time again I would go with a 2 inch would have saved me a bucket load.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking about a 2 inch lift aswell after having a look around. I just have to pick a brand now. Then tires match.

can be raised 50mm without engerneers certificate and with a 2 inch lift u can still fit 265/75 r 16s comnfortably and thats high enough to keep most out of trouble

Do you know if NSW needs engineers cert for 2 in suspension lift and 2in body lift?

I have a stock D40 as well and am thinking of the 2" suspension lift and 2" Body lift. I'm looking at Old Man Emu suspension lift but wouldn't mind saving a bit of dough if I can, but still get the same quality... Also have no idea where to go for the body lift..

Anyone looking for suspension really should read through this thread http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=812

As for 3" a lot if people seem to have issues with both suspension down travel and cv angles. If you really want 3" have a look at the calmini site in the us. They are $900ish plus shipping for a 3" kit, although it has extended shackles and blocks for the rear, not proper 3" springs

You don't need a cert for a 2" suspension lift, but I think a few people have said that body lifts are illigal down your way.... You be wasting you time and ride quality with a 3" snake lift

Yeah iv decided on a 2in suspension lift. I found one from superior engineering which seems relatively good. Not sure on the quality of it though.

Back