What is this mess?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo54

Reaction score
Hi all, trying to sort out sections of my Navara I have just bought especially the wiring. It is a mess.

The first thing I would like to do is relocate the second battery up against the cabin and get back some of my tray space. Could someone please explain what the clear box above the battery and the other little cylinder with three terminals.

Does it have something to do with the dual setup and the toggle switch for the two batteries in the cab. It also has a cigarette lighter plug in there.
Thanks in advance,
Heath

image-4.jpg

The metal can looks like a relay/spolinoid. Just a guess but would say it closes with ignition on or when the engine is running.

The plastic thing looks like some kind of Circut Breaker/fuseable link. Is that a voltage or current display on the face of it? May be worth keeping when you set it back up.

There are different ways to hook up and charge a second batt. I prefer the DC-DC charger way although that has advantages and disadvantages.

Back