What Paint colour for my Navara!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what colour for my nav?

• bright orange

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • bionic blue (bright pastel blue)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • bright green

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • other... open to suggestions!!

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

pointblank5

Reaction score
Hi, im looking at painting my nav (d22 dual cab DX) in the not to distant future...
just cant decide what colour i want, but its gotta be bright!!
ive come up with a short list;
-really bright orange
-bionic blue (a bright pastel blue, newish ford colour)
-really bright green

also is there some sort of stigma attached to painting your 4wd green?

vote what you reckon would be best

Attachments

• Image0006.jpg
    Image0006.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 83
i dont want a nice colour!!
i want a colour that when u see it, its immediately obvious that navaras never came with that.
honestly dont think i will ever own a d40

had a bit of a play with photoshop...
leaning towards the orange now, also gona do a black strip along the bottom of the doors!
whats everyone reckon?
James

Attachments

• nav orange black.jpg
    nav orange black.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 91
  • nav blue black.jpg
    nav blue black.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 81
  • nav green black.jpg
    nav green black.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 89
If I had to choose one I would say the orange.

If you ever plan on selling the car, would suggest not such a bright colour either. Maybe a more darker orange.

cheers for the replies guys!
on the selling issue... i dont worry about, i like to enjoy my car how i like it and worry about selling it when the time comes :)

Just don't go pink we don't want you D22's muscling in on our hairdressing gigs.

I think to do blue/green it would be better in metallic, orange otherwise fine. I'm a fan of the "hothouse green" that ws on the VY series commodore, looked hot!

Mitch

yeah even the orange would look sick metallic, like the ford focus colour i think.
im gona be doing the job myself tho, and apparently metallic is harder to get looking good cos if u get the slightest drip u cant just sand/polish it off u gotta spray a whole new layer

Dunnydore tiger orange from about 10 years ago was always a good metallic orange colour, not sure how a nav would go with that. I do have the colour code for it somewhere if I could find it I could photoshop it.

Nah I've got the HTML code for the tiger orange paint. Back in about 98 when the paint was one of the "new" colours not many people used I did some design work for GMH and I had to use the colour and I've always liked it so I kept it.

There's an orange d22 getting around Sunbury with the lower and plastics done in black. Looks factory and very neat. Saw a shiny new Kenworth day before last ... Green on white. No fancy scroll work just solid, chunky green go fast stripes. Looked grouse and no doubt the driver was as pleased as punch because it really stood out...... A few washes with truck wash should dull it back a bit.

Of the three colours above I think the blue with the black looks awesome, but any of them would look great with the black along the bottom like you've shown

Latest posts

Back