Wheel nuts to suit black sunraysias?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munnerz

Reaction score
So I picked myself up some black steel Sunraysias (secondhand off eBay) with m/ts and about 40% tread.
Looking at fitting them on the w.e, will my standard wheel nuts be fine on the Steel rims??
2012 ST with 17" alloys btw.
Any info would be great:)

jack car up
take wheel off
put new one on tight
check for wobbles.
if it fits its good, if it doesn't, no good.
jack car down

your real problem is weather or not the steelies will fit the d40 stud pattern.

jack car up
take wheel off
put new one on tight
check for wobbles.
if it fits its good, if it doesn't, no good.
jack car down

your real problem is weather or not the steelies will fit the d40 stud pattern.

They will fit, they were off a D40. More worried about the fact the wheel nuts are off alloys, and if there is any problems associated with keeping the same wheel nuts.

They will fit, they were off a D40. More worried about the fact the wheel nuts are off alloys, and if there is any problems associated with keeping the same wheel nuts.

Not sure to be honest. But when I had my jeep I went from alloys to king rims. The wheel nuts slowly bored through the rims until the holes where to big and I had to replace all the wheels. I'm not sure if it was the nut or that the kings are just a cheap rim.

Dean

As no one has really said that its a big no go, I'll be using the standard wheel nuts unless I hear otherwise:)

most alloys use a conical shaped nut which should not be used on steelies because they will punch thru the rim

So I changed them over today:), man are these MTs loud compared to my other set, truck looks boss now but:) I had a look at the steelies and the wheel nuts and they look like they match up pretty well, if I were to use a flat nut, the steelies hole is just that little bit to big and i reckon would have to much room to move, I took it to beau repairs and asked and the bloke reckoned he'd be happy with how they sit and what not, however he said that he hadn't done a lot of 4bys.
Anyone else got any info if they have changed from there alloys to Sunraysias????? And what they did?

Yep theres only a few kinds of lug nut afaik, conical, square and dome. Conical being the most common. Blacksunrasias usualy take the conical nut, white sunrasias on the other hand - hoofarken knows?

Latest posts

Back