Wheel wobble - fixed.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHDamo

Reaction score
Had some steering wheel vibration after a recent 4X4, started reading up on here and was concerned it could be a semi-serious issue, eg uni joints, shock bushes etc etc etc.

Bit the bullet today and got a wheel balance and rotation (which was my gut feeling, and also a commonly recommended solution, thanks!). Bobs ya uncle - good as gold.

Bit confused why it happened tho. Probs 6wks ago, I swapped out my 7inch steelies for 8inch zero offset ones (kept my Cooper St maxx with 60k). All good for a few weeks. Did a day of mild low range 4X4 and this vibration started (noticeable on road from about 70kph and increases with speed). It's fixed now so not really bothered but confused about how the imbalance occurred. Any ideas? Never balanced properly in the first place (if same care was taken as with stud torque it's this)? A Cooper thing?(I've never had them balanced before (I've read others have had to do this) except for fitting but I do rotate every 10K). Lower pressures and 4X4 banged something and effected sidewall maybe?

Interested to hear thoughts/reasoning, cheers.

The wheel can spin in the tyre when the pressure is low. That'll put it out of balance pretty quick.

Latest posts

Back