Where can I put an extra fuel filter (be nice)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka_db

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2010 ST D40, I am planning on putting in an additional fuel filter with a water trap, but, I can't seem to find anywhere under the bonnet to place it. Has anyone managed this on one of these trucks?

I see that some models have a second filter on the passenger side, but if I put it there I couldn't get to the main connection and fuse box on the firewall. The ABS takes up all the room on the inner guard on that side and on the drivers side, their isn't enough room anywhere that I can see.

Can I put it underneath near the fuel tank somewhere, is there anywhere that I can get to easily if I do, to replace the filter and check and drain any water?

Cheers, Db.

Thanks OurD40,

NathanD22, that looks like a solution, I had a look this morning but didn't think I would fit anything there. I will have a closer look now that I have seen your install.

I assume that the easiest way to change the filter or drain any water would be to remove the mounting bolts?

I might investigate if i can get finer filter units to fit that housing though, I would prefer this if I can. I must say, you have done a masterful job squeezing it in, I commend you.

Cheers, Db.

Thanks OurD40,

NathanD22, that looks like a solution, I had a look this morning but didn't think I would fit anything there. I will have a closer look now that I have seen your install.

I assume that the easiest way to change the filter or drain any water would be to remove the mounting bolts?

I might investigate if i can get finer filter units to fit that housing though, I would prefer this if I can. I must say, you have done a masterful job squeezing it in, I commend you.

Cheers, Db.

Yes mate your spot on just pop out the two bolts, i check the clear water bowl with a little telescopic mirror, the ones you get from super cheap or bunnings.

Just be careful putting to fine of filter on as you can cause the pump to work too hard and shorten its life, and the cost of a pump will def put a dent in your wallet.

Latest posts

Back