Where to get chromoly cv's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insanenavara

Reaction score
Hey guys as the topic says I'm trying to find some chromoly cv's as I have now snapped 4 on the drivers side since installing the lokka any idea would be greatly appreciated.

you know, its probably not a good idea to be trying to replace the CV's with something alot stronger since you may find another more costly component further along the drivetrain snaps next time your out 4wheeling. AFAIK they are by design easy to break so you don't go breaking diffs and gearboxes.

I know Joshy use to run some sort of after market CV's before he did the SAS, BUT from memory he snapped a few of those as well.
It may be worth having a read through the first part of his thread i think it will be before page 16-18 as thats where his SAS job starts.

I never had any luck finding better ifs cvs. Try rcv engineering in the states, it will be $$$ but they have a great rep.

so to clarify
the zd 30 and yd 25 both run R180 front diffs
The only models fitted with the r200 were the petrol vg33 and vg30 in d22.
thanks for the info rusty

Last edited:
Sparra.

Both yd and zd diesel d22 use a r180 up front. The only models fitted with the r200 were the petrol vg33 and vg30 in d22.

I'm a bit over doing cvs every second time I go out

lol these guys are to that's why the moly cv's are getting made and a big thanx to the guys state side for developing these cv's cheers
finally! tuff cv's for the D22 YESSS !!!

will be interesting to see how they last and also if it causes something else to brake.

Back