Which Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoD22

Reaction score
Hi all. First post here. Got my first taste of 4wd ownership a few months back; buying my 03 D22 STR. Absolutly loving it. Been slowly buliding it up, and its time for a new bullbar. Got scrubbing issues on the standard alloy bar on full compression with the 265/75r16s. So just after some advice on what to choose. My top bar id like is an ARB Sahara bar, but as far as i can tell they dont make them for the D22. Can anyone comfirm this? After that im looking at maybe an Xrox bar. Any opinion on them would be muchly appreciated. Also if anyone is running an Xrox on a D22 on the Gold Coast or Southside Brissy and would be willing to let me have a look at one installed in the flesh that would be great. Thanks

hi mate, i was under the impression arb didn't make a sahara bar for a d22, but i saw a newish one (09 onwards) today with one on. I have an xrox bar on my 2010 model, there are a few pics in another thread in this section.

good luck with whatever you decide

Definitely no Sahara bar for the D22. This was 6 months ago when my one was put on. Just the commercial one available from ARB. However maybe they do make them for it now. Might pay to ring up and ask if you decide to go ARB way.

that's what i thought too, but it is the second one i have seen. the first one i wasn't sure if i was seeing things or not because i was told they didn't do one, but i definitely saw one today...

If they are making them for D22's now it won't fit his as it is Jap built and the chassis are different I think.The XROX bars are great I reckin. The standard Nissan one is built by ARB and are a good bar also

i don't know if the front ends are different. when i got my xrox bar on the box it had d22 2003 on. i haven't seen anything else anywhere to say there are different mounting brackets for the thai built ones. when they ordered mine they didn't even tell them which year, just that it was a d22...

Hey guys, thanx for the info. Decided on the xrox bar. Went down to oppositelock and ordered it today. Now the long 4 week wait for delivery. Just some follow up info, went to arb, the bloke there said that there still is no sahara bar for d22. He reckons the ones Bods seen may have been custom modified for d22 or ironman apparently do a very similar bar to it.

if you dont mind telling on here or in a PM, how much did you pay for your xrox bar?
I also want a new winch compatible bar and was thinking either xrox or TJM

if you dont mind telling on here or in a PM, how much did you pay for your xrox bar?
I also want a new winch compatible bar and was thinking either xrox or TJM

I also would be interested in knowing what they are worth...... I've one around work and they look pretty good..... but they also look like they leave some of the front suspension components pretty exposed too..... would this be an issue at all?

It's 1100 from opposite lock for the bar and then fitting on top. As for the protection, I'll have to wait till I get it on to give a proper answer. From the pictures tho I was having the same thoughts, but decided although you can see the suspension more than with a standard bar, the standard style ones don't actually have anything extra there to protect it more than the xrox. Just keeps it hidden from view from above. I'll send an update once it's installed

Hey guys, thanx for the info. Decided on the xrox bar. Went down to oppositelock and ordered it today. Now the long 4 week wait for delivery. Just some follow up info, went to arb, the bloke there said that there still is no sahara bar for d22. He reckons the ones Bods seen may have been custom modified for d22 or ironman apparently do a very similar bar to it.

dunno, can't say for sure if it was modified or not, but it definitely had an arb sticker on the front (not that it really means anything) but i have seen it since then too. the ironman is similar, but it has the 3 hoops not just the centre one...

as far as fitting the xrox goes, it is doable by yourself, you just put the centre on first and then attach the side wings once you have got that on the car, only takes a couple of hours at most if all the old bolts behave and come out easily. as for suspension protection, it hasn't got any less than any other bullbar, the only thing exposed is the washer bottle, i made up a cover for mine out of some flat colourbond i had laying around and painted it black, but you can also get a universal kit from supercheap or repco and mount it under the bonnet somewhere...

Last edited:
Just thought I'd stick up a pic of mine with the winch in
IMG_20111229_180844.jpg

This is mine, I am happy with it, the fit was a bit rough as in one side is snug up against the bottom of the light the other side has a gap of about 1cm. Other than that it is all good. Make sure you re tighten the mounting bolts after a thousand Kms or so. Mine has held up well to several winches and I bashed a tree with the left hand wing the other day, it moved about 5-10mm and that's it. I have fitted some more lights in the wings since this pic.

DSC_0045.jpg

hey mate i just went through the same dilemma and there are only standard winch bars avail for d22 from arb and tjm, i went with the xrox and its amazing soo much increased approach angle and the model for the d22 comes with a solid bash plate and steel plate to cover the ac? at the front, i got mine from opposite lock for 1140.00 which includes shipping and i teamed it with the vrs 9500 winch and some bushranger hid lights, a pretty budget package but more than covers any of my needs

how does the bash plate fit up with a 2in body lift? Still fit?

Latest posts

Back