Who else is using Caltex Vortex diesel.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Twas using Shell diesel for ages, last 3 tanks have been the Vortex.

Feels heaps more lively, holds speed better then before to. Overtaking seems better too.

Too be honest, goes better then when I had the Unichip in.

Down to 10.1L/100km's, was 10.3-10.6L per 100km's.

Easily will sit on 120km/h and a few km's more if the foot goes down.

Oh and lowering my Carbon foot print. Just for the Lefties and Greeny bong smoking hippies.

Being that i shop a woolies its pretty much all i ever use. Never had any problems and get just over 10ltrs per 100 ks and i don't drive conservetly.

Just put a tank of caltex in the nav tonight. ill see how it goes over the next 2 weeks. I normally use Bp and get good milage and power from that

I'm currently doing 300km a day for six weeks, so have tried different fuels over that time. Started using BP, then caltex, then caltex premium. Got NO difference between them all, now using caltex cause it is easier for me.

I use caltex as well, I don't think it feels any different to when I get it from the 7/11 around the corner from home though. Most of the time it's caltex though because every pump there has diesel available on it rather than just the 1 or 2 pumps. It's great haha

-tyler

Never had any vast improvements from Vortex but then I don't know why there would be given that there would be little difference between that and other diesel fuels....maybe they add two stroke to it at some servos.

its got some cleaning and anti foaming agent in it. apparently it stops splashback. correct me if im wrong????

From what I hear and I'm sure someone can dispute it because it's hotly debated on quite a few forums, the main difference in an anti foaming agent, I haven't heard about a cleaning agent.

Switched over to vortex from BP about 6 mths ago. Immediately noticed the difference in engine performance. Revs a lot smoother. Economy is the same for me. I'll be sticking with the vortex and a splash of Fuel Dr.

Our servo only has vortex premium, so I mostly run that. I filled up with shell diesel a few weeks ago but can't say I noticed a difference between the two. Fuel economy is a consistent 8.8lt, has been as low as 8.4.

Shell refinery in Geelong have had some sort of problem.
So in my town we have had a shortage of deisel.
That's shell, bp, Safeway so if they are all different why is there a shortage for every brand in town???

Ssshhhh you're not suppose to ask that question because it forces people to suggest there is something that Shell adds and a different product that Caltex adds and BP add something entirely different to make three different fuels.

If they do add anything it must be at the tank farm because I can tell you from personal expericance when it comes off the ship it's common for several companies to drawing off the same discharge line.

There is a few aussie forums which have people from refinery employees to tanker drivers who claim they know of people, or they themselves add something to different fuels depending on brand. It's on the internet it must be true.

I have been using it pretty much every tank full in my last two Nav's and again with the new one and never have any probs but i never really notice any loss of performance when i use any of the other brands of fuel.
the main reason i use it is, its the closest to me and i have a woolies discount card so i dont even have to shop at woollies and i still get the discounts.

from day 1 i've only filled it with vortex. only for this week i filled it at BP cause of the diesel shortage.. and it seems alright but i still prefer vortex get that extra 50-60km's

Latest posts

Back