Winch Isolation not working...??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gagzila

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just installed a new constant 500A isolator switch for the winch, however due to space and fouling issues I ended up installing it on the negative cable (runs to the driver side battery, positive is on the passenger side battery)...only thing is now, it's not actually isolating the circuit for some reason.

It is definitely the negative cable from the winch so where am I going wrong?

It's a Warn XD9000, I double and triple checked it was the correct cable and even has the sticker still on it saying it must be connected to the battery and not grounded anywhere else to avoid damaging the winch so after all that, thought I was safe in using the isolator on this cable. I am guessing it must be grounding somewhere else, but where I don't know unless through the actual mounting bolts themselves? I disconnected the cable to make sure it wasn't the isolator failing or something and the winch still operates :dontknow:

Any help would be appreciated...if it's something that can't be sorted, I am thinking I will swap the positive and negative between batteries and that way I can use the isolator on the positive and just install a new cable for the neg.

Thanks,

Craig

Damnit! Now that I think about it, the negative lead is simply bolted to the outside of the winch case so makes sense...

Oh well, it will have to wait for now and then do the cable swap...

Thanks guys,

Craig

Latest posts

Back