Winch or Rear Locker

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a front auto locker. They are half the price of a rear. Then the money you saved on a rear locker you could probably get a tigerz11 winch

It was only about $450 from memory but I fitted it myself. It will only engage when there is drive on the wheels. I'm not sure how they would go with auto locking hubs but mabye someone could shed some light on how they go in D40's

It was only about $450 from memory but I fitted it myself. It will only engage when there is drive on the wheels. I'm not sure how they would go with auto locking hubs but mabye someone could shed some light on how they go in D40's

Yeah true mate, do you have a D22? That's what I've got and was wondering how it works in one of them haha. I've heard rumours that there are ones which engage in just low range?? Not sure if it's true or not.

If you travel alone, get a winch.

If you travel in a pack, (and other probably allready have a winch), get lockers.

Fantastic advice right there. The only times ive been stuck was when i was with someone else that i knew could get me out should i need it. But if you can afford the auto locker and a cheap winch, why not best of both worlds?

Yeah true mate, do you have a D22? That's what I've got and was wondering how it works in one of them haha. I've heard rumours that there are ones which engage in just low range?? Not sure if it's true or not.

They engage in 4H and 4L. When you give it power they engage then when you back off it unlocks

how does the auto locker go driveing along a dirt road if u still have your hubs in for abit but in 2 high?

how does the auto locker go driveing along a dirt road if u still have your hubs in for abit but in 2 high?

You don't notice anything as there is no drive to the lokka. The only thing you will notice is a bit of clicking as the lokka teeth are clicking over. Have a look up thier site or even on youtube

Back