winding torsion bars back up to stock height. wheel alig needed?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qqc d22

Reaction score
as the tittle suggest i need to wind the front of my d22up the sag has become unbearable its like driving a boat except every bump it like getting hit in the spin with a hammer :( 12000kms on thia car mind you :/.
anyway if i wind the torsion bars back up to stock height will i need to get another wheel alignment? will be the fourth in 12000kms if i do lol.
my theory is that the alignment was set at stock height if i wind it back up it should still be good. is my thinking right or am a just a tight arse trying to talk myself into not needing a wheel alignment hahaha

any help apprecuated

I wound mine up to around 10mm top bump stop gap and haven't had a wheel alignment yet, lol. I probably should have but my front tyres don't seem to be wearing any worse than usual. The front and back sit pretty much level now and I'm at around 35000km, 2010 model.

They must have shit bars in them to sag that many times in those kms. I have an xrox bar and 12000lb winch on the front of mine, the winch has rope tho, and it doesn't look like its sagged again yet, can't say the same for the back though, the springs are almost inverted, lol

As far as U know mate, everytime you adjust torsion bars, the camber will be out. Might not be much, depending on how much you wind them up, but in the long run it might not be good for the tyres.
However since you want to wind them up to the height that the last alignment is set to, well you could be right. But I recommend you get it aligned anyway just in case something moved.

as far as u know mate, everytime you adjust torsion bars, the camber will be out. Might not be much, depending on how much you wind them up, but in the long run it might not be good for the tyres.
But i recommend you get it aligned anyway just in case something moved.

yep.

Latest posts

Back