Windscreen tint band

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza

Reaction score
Hi all,

Something that has annoyed me with the D40 is the windscreen in it.
The tinting band across the top comes down about 23 cm and being tall, i find that when driving im half looking out of it through the tint and half through the glass.

Does anyone have a aftermarket screen where the band is not so big?
Ive called a few of the windscreen companies and they all seem to have the banding across the top.

Spoke to someone at Novus who said there might be slight differences between the Spanish and Thai windscreen sizes.

I also just had a quick look on carsales and some do not have the band (majority do though) so Im guessing there is a aftermarket one which doesnt have it.

Its a matter of tracking one down.

Does anyone else who is slightly tallish have this problem?

Your a bit taller than me, dont you find yourself looking out of the tinting strip :)

Here is the strip on mine
photo-1.jpg

I'm 185cm tall and there are a few times when the strip bothers me.

1) I'm driving along and look up through it thinking the clouds are getting really, really dark and I panic that it's going to bucket down before I get home to get the washing off the line.

2) My Navara is pointing down a steep, muddy incline and I'm trying to avoid stumps and rocks and I have to duck down to see clearly

3) I'm replacing my rego sticker and instead of having it in the top corner of the screen, I have to stick the bastard half-way down. No, I can't use the side windows because of the after-market tinting.

In all, I don't mind it and don't think I'll change it.

Is your band as wide as 23cm odd though?

Can a few people measure theirs to compare? Its a aftermarket screen although most of the screens Ive seen on the Navara's have a pretty big tint band.

I work for obriens so I do these all the time. D40 and pathfinder are the same glass. As for the tint band if you want to get rid of the tint you'll need to buy a nav late 2010 or newer.... Pre 2010 they all have a tint band from factory so there is no after market option with no tint band that I've seen. There is a slight difference in the shape of the glass down the bottom with the current and older D40/pathfinder. I know that the old screen won't fit the new one (learnt that the hard way) but unsure if the new shape screen will fit the older one never tried...

Thats not good news then! I might have to go on the hunt for a aftermarket glass with a smaller tinting band.

Good luck pretty sure they will all be the same....can you lower/modify your seat rail so you seat lower???

I might have to look at seat options if I have no luck with aftermarket glass.
I did call Obriens today too and they said only with the tinting, although they are looking around to see if they can get one without.

What is interesting is the vehicle standards guidelines state the band cant exceed where the wipers sweep or 10% of the windscreen.

The windscreen in the corner measures about 85cm and if I have a band that is 23cm, thats over 20%.

Might be worth asking if they can try and fit the new shape glass in too your nav... Part code of the old screen is 838405 tint banded and new one without band is 818406 can't hurt to ask...

Thanks. I called a smaller glass company and they sourced one without the band.

He said the aftermarket company has just recently released it without the tinting band.

I've booked it in for next week to be replaced.

Back