Winscreen wipers wiring question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknav

Reaction score
Hello
I do not have a wiring diagram of my 2004 D22 nav and what i would like to do is wire the wipers to the accessories as currently they only work when the ignition is on, this is a real pain when i am at the footy and its raining turning the ignition on and off as i do not want to leave it on.
Can i get a copy of the nav wiring diagram from anywhere or can some one please post a pic of it or tell me what color wires are used from the steering column under the dash i need to chop into.
Not sure why Nissan did not do this as most cars wipers work from the accessories.
Cheers
Nick

Hi mate. You should be able to probe with a test light or multi meter from the back of the wiper switch on the column. If you can find the power wire at the switch when the ignition is on you could then try cutting it and then connecting it to a Acc source from the back of the ignition switch. If your not keen to try that I could email you the wiring diagram if you PM me your email address as I do have it.
Cheers

Here's a way to do it how you want it done.

The 2004 D22 wiring diagram shows that power is supplied from the ignition through fuse 26 and directly into the switch stalk.

Anyway, I'm thinking about how to wire it up as you're after and you really don't want to cut into the wiring - the motor is ALSO supplied power through that same fuse. So here's a way I just thought of.

Find the wiper washer fuse and remove it. Now get an inline fuse holder, and stick the wiper washer fuse in it. Test the original mounting point for the fuse with the ignition ON, you should have 12V on one side and NOTHING on the other. Connect one wire from your inline fuse holder to the "nothing" connector (a small spade connector should fit perfectly). Now connect the other side of the inline fuse holder to a permanently on source and presto, you're done.

What's better ... you can reverse it any time you like.

Thanks guys great replies,

Old.Tony yep that sounds easy and ill check it out tomorrow, im still thinking i could have it permanently wired to the accessories exactly as you described or put a switch in to the wipers on permanent power so i can just run them anytime, not sure which way yet.

Navmania that would be awesome much appreciated, i shall send a PM now then i can work out the easiest and best way and ill post back what and how i have done it.

Cheers

Nick

Yep looking at the drawings your spot on by removing the fuse and wiring to the load side of it from an accessory supply with another fuse as i was worried originally about back feeding through to the other circuits with the extra supply but removing the fuse will eliminate this.
Tomorrows project :top:

Cheers

I think they're called "mini blade fuse adaptors"

Attachments

• IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 115
Thanks Rumpig for that, i searched for them on ebay and ordered 2 which should be here this week as these will make it a lot easier.
I decided it would be easier with 2 by joining them together at the tail and then i can just plug them both in, The first one in the stereo fuse holder as this and the starter is the only thing that runs from the auxillary position and the other into the wiper fuse holder and by putting both fuses in the first holder and inserting the holder at the wiper holder the correct way with the power to the wipers then wola, a simple solution to my problem.
I shall take a photo when i have it installed and post it up.

thanks heaps for all your help, i have used all your advice for a simple fix.

Thanks again for the help, all done and it works a treat.

I ordered 2 on eBay and joined them together with a crimp link for a total cost of $10 for a 2 minute installation.
cheers
Nick

Attachments

• Fuse.JPG
    Fuse.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 7,555
I was stoked when I found them, much easier than adding a second fuse box and easier than trying to splice wiring.

Back