Wombat State Forest on Sunday?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont leave home without the one Jase bodged up......but that was the Cobaws.....mongrel of a place and by all accounts hasnt gotten any better since.

Need to organise a roll-check of whose definitely in to come along? I was thinking try to get there at about 11:00am? I havent been out there before, so I dont know exactly where to aim for. So whoever has more experience with the area, would be great for you to take over the reigns in that regard please?

Dont over think it Thom. Its not that hardcore unless you make it that way.
Here I'll simplify it for you. Meet at 11 am cnr carrols lane and Gisborne Bachus Marsh rd in Bullengarook. Its all about the adventure. Go where you want to go and do what you want to do. Important thing is to enjoy the experience and the ability to do exactly that.

Dont over think it Thom. Its not that hardcore unless you make it that way.
Here I'll simplify it for you. Meet at 11 am cnr carrols lane and Gisborne Bachus Marsh rd in Bullengarook. Its all about the adventure. Go where you want to go and do what you want to do. Important thing is to enjoy the experience and the ability to do exactly that.

Your a great help Aido! I really appreciate it. Its typical for me to over-think it ha ha. Why dont you come along too?

Would've loved to come along but I've got standby this weekend and the possibility of burning off... Gotta love it! lol.

Ambers is on the other side of O'Briens crossing... From Carrolls it's fair easy to get to.... Firth Park Rd, left onto O'Briens Trk, follow to through, can't miss it I wouldnt think.

If XL is the one I'm thinking of, it runs off Blue Gum Trk, which you'll see on your left soon after turning onto O'Briens trk.

Have fun mate!

I might tag along!! As long as I don't have to go for my Easter lunch I should be right

Yeah count me in guys.

Awesome! Should be a good crew of cars then :)

I just bought myself a snatch strap and two shackles. So if I get stuck, at least I have my own snatch to use :p

I cant remember being that excited in a store... Seeing all the lights, winches, bullbars and suspension kits. Too excited to go back with some money haha

Meet Point and Time

So are we meeting where AIDO suggested and confirm time?
Also if anyone coming along has a tapered tap to suit the recovery point bolts at the front of the chassis (fixed nuts in the chassis rails), as I have one starting to strip while trying to fit some Terrain Tamer recovery points this arvo. It's a 12mm x 1.25mm thread. It would be nice to get the second bolt in so that I can use the recovery point which I am sure I will need.

Foxy

Also if anyone coming along has a tapered tap to suit the recovery point bolts at the front of the chassis (fixed nuts in the chassis rails), as I have one starting to strip while trying to fit some Terrain Tamer recovery points this arvo. It's a 12mm x 1.25mm thread. It would be nice to get the second bolt in so that I can use the recovery point which I am sure I will need.

Foxy

Meeting 11am on the Corner Carrols Lane & Bacchus-Marsh Gisborne Road, Bullengarook VIC. http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid=212172770217964574185.0004bd8ccc0aab3711c15&msa=0&ll=-37.502355,144.48633&spn=0.005813,0.0109

I'll PM you guys that have confirmed your coming my mobile number in case you end up running late so we can wait for you.

Foxy

Might need to retap it to something bigger mate not sure retapping to the same size will hold.

I may be a possibilty to come along Sunday but not 100% at this stage.
I'll bring the m12x1.25tap if I make it, see if it does the job.

Last edited:
Hi Ben85, I think its just the start of the thread that is cactus. Didn't force the bolt in too far when fitting but just want to make sure it is clean before I retry.
Foxy

Have fun......that is the main objective. Explore, take in the sights and enjoy the day. Weather will be great. Meet new people. Understand what you and your vehicle are capable of. Go home tired with the memory of the day and of the knowledge you acquire knowing that you can do it all again another day.
Bog holes and gnarly sittuations will give you the same result but for all the wrong reasons.

Back