won't kick over after overheat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPR

Reaction score
So the radiator craped its self splitting the cheap plastic bottom on the freeway. Pulled over to a safe spot just as it was rising to top temp and shut her off.
Got it home next day shoved the hose in the radiator ( leaking bad) but won't kick over just winding. Checked fault codes and nothing. Water pump relay good. Any ideas where to look? Is there a water pressure sensor that puts these YD25 in to limp mode ? Replacing radiator tomorrow. 08 stx auto diesel

you wouldn,t think the loss of water from the radiator / engine block would stop the engine from starting. have you tried pumping up the fuel filter pump till hard and tried to start again ? also maybe disconnect the battery for 10 minutes with light switch turned on . these are worth a try.

Thanks guys... Well changed out radiator, reset Ecu with my obd Bluetooth and revs app but did the lights battery thing also and still no go. Battery was dead but noticed when I was jumping it there was slight smoke on pos battery terminal when kicking over. Maybe seized water pump ? somethings giving resistance..

you did mention the engine winds over but no start ? why do you say there must be some resistance ? seized waterpump ? try fitting good battery and make sure both terminals are clean and done up snug.

Hooked another battery up and stil the same :/ also sounds like it's winding a tad too freely like the compression is weak. I'll grab another battery to permanently installer then do a compression check. Anyone know what psi these are on on cold engine ?

you could have a broken bottom timing chain. might pay to remove the top plastic timing chain cover and see if the top chain moves when you try and start the engine.

Latest posts

Back