Working in the bush

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40Craig

Reaction score
Off to Wielmoringle (120k's north of Brewarrena NSW) to work on Tuesday. Apparently theres nothing there except about 14 houses. No shops, no pub, no nuthin!.
Been to some isolated places to work in the past, so I'll see how this one goes, but I am looking forwards to getting away again.

Last edited:
If I won the lotto, I wouldn't want a place close to the ocean and or city, Id be after a place like what you describe as a holiday home to get away from overcrowded places.

Haa haa I live 1oo ks from weil,if i won lotto i would live 1000ks from there.
Craig if you go into bre im working security at the hospital ask for

Rod or 0428431788

Yeah Rod, We will be going into Bre prob once a week for stuff so I'll call in on ya. Most prob be having a quick beer before heading back out.
Cheers.

Cannot be any worse then the southern highlands of PNG. But by far the best landscape i have ever seen gotta love these type of jobs

No worries mate, I'm going to call Rod on his mobile sometime over this weekend. We will be coming thru there (Bree) from the Coolabah Rd sometime Wed morning now as we have to be in Weil by midday, but will be in and out of Bree for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Never been over there but I found a stubby holder a while back that says "Eucla Cops...Nowhere to run, Nowhere to hide" with a picture of a big eagle picking up a vehicle......be carefull!

No worries mate, I'm going to call Rod on his mobile sometime over this weekend. We will be coming thru there (Bree) from the Coolabah Rd sometime Wed morning now as we have to be in Weil by midday, but will be in and out of Bree for a couple of weeks.

Sorry Brendon is my name. Rod works at the hospital near me as the station is attached to the hospital. Get Rod to give me a shout when you call him

yea but did you look at that town on google maps? theres like 8 houses and an air strip, unless theres some sort of precious metals there or whatever I just cannot understand what the attraction would be.

Wiemoringle is an Aboriginal Mission. I do work for NSW Aboriginal Housing and work in a lot of these areas. I am also part Aboriginal which helps.
It may seem like the middle of nowhere (and in some cases it is) but to these people it's home.

No worries Brendon, I'll get in touch when we're in town.
As there is very limited recources out at Wiel, we'll be in and out a fair bit to Bre and Bourke.

I was working out at telfer WA for about 6 months it was only a camp nothing else. That is where there is nothing, closest town in 300kms away and that too is a mining town. Avg summer temp is 53 degrees before you go into the pit.

Latest posts

Back