Wtf!!! Exedy hd clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fark 370000km thats good going

thats a bloody good run!!
its in really good nick so id say it has alot of life left in it,wait and see i guess.

Yep that D22 just kept surprising me.
I bought it new and basically didnt touch a single thing.
I kept waiting for things to go and kept checking everything at each service and it just kept going, every time i towed i thought surely the clutch will start to slip soon, but nope it held up sweet as a nut.
Admittedly i do a heap of freeway driving so that would of helped but it did get a hard time as well, and i did take it out bush 4x4ing every other weekend, so for it to get those kms on it and still be as stock as a rock i was very impressed to say the least. When i tell people they just cant believe it, but i have nothing to gain by telling it so why would i bother bullshitting them.

Anyway like i said if that clutch looks like its in good nick like you say then i dont think you will be putting another one in any time in the near future.

I bought a hd exedy clutch and solid flywheel and got 5000 ks before it shat itself and all exeedy could say was sorry mate NO warranty cause of oil traces in clutch fibre. i went to the mech that fitted it and could not find any oil what so ever and told em about it just to get f**ked around and charged another $430 discount rate for a replacement kit and flywheel machined inc. not happy to say the least after initially paying $2000 for it in the first place. exedy reckon oil traces will void warranty cause d40 clutched use a clutch fibre that cant cope with even a tiny bit of oil.

Im just hoping to to get another 30000ks to match the two original clutches that went every 30000 ks.

all i can say is dont take anything for granted!

They will still consider it under warranty. 3 months is not good enough!!
Tell them you are considering posting about their poor quality clutch on the Navara forum ;)
They should be embarrassed it only lasted 3 months, but I have my doubts on mechanic 1.

I am still on my original clutch at almost 270,000km's.

Mind you, I dont drive in shitty Sydney, Melbourne traffic everyday.

Latest posts

Back