X-Rox Bar or steel bull bar?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys,

I am thinking about getting some heavier protection for my D22 navara and was looking at taking off the factory alloy bar and putting on a steal one
However I am not sure of wheither I should put on a steal bull bar or an X-Rox bar? Has anyone got any of these 2 for protection?

Good points/Bad points?

Thanks

if its protection you want then you need the steel bar, the xrox won't provide near the protection from any animal stikes that a decent steel bar will.

i agree, the x-rox doesn't have the headlight protection or nearly as much steel to it

Guys I am an XROX owner (and a d40 owner.. sorry)

I agree that the headlights are not as protected (personally I am not too worried about that, if you hit an animal hard enough to break them, you are off to the insurance company regardless what bar you have)

but when you say it wont provide near the protection that a 'decent' steel bar will, what exactly do you mean? there is a massive steel section in the middle that is all 4mm steel (double layer in places) which protects everything that is important. the only areas that are left open are the front of the wheels.

All of the vital components (radiator, intercooler etc) are as protected as any bar will do. Remember, bullbars can no longer be a solid steel barrier because of airbags/ADR's.

In my opinion, whilst the XROX has less to it, it is all the bottom section in front of the wheels where the "decent" bars have more material, where it really does do little.

Again the only area that the XROX does not provide as much protection is the headlights.

For those who doubt me, refer the 4WD action bull bar comparo from last year (where the XROX performed well against the 'decent' bars.

Just to be clear the above are just my opinions and is not an attack on anyone.

I like the XROX, you don't have to, but I do think that saying it does not offer protection is unfair.

I hear what you're saying dude, but i think they're talkin about bonnet/body protection from hitting animals or something.

bm0, i'm talking abotu headlight/corner protection, and theres just no comparison. I don't have anything against x-rox bars but the op asked about frontal protection and which was gonna perform best.

As above, it depends what kind of protection you are after. I got an xrox bar because I like the look of them, you can mount more spotties on them and they weigh slightly less than a normal steel bullbar. Here are a couple of pics
IMG_20111107_163426.jpg

IMG_20111107_163417.jpg

This is what it looked like before I made the cover for the washer bottle, you could also get a universal one to mount under the bonnet somewhere instead if you wanted to
IMG_20111007_172547.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bods,

a bit OT, but what are those lights you have up in the wings? I am looking for something to fit in mine.

B

Cheers bods, Will have to look out for a set next time I am in one of the stores.

They would convert, but you would probably have to have the ballast mounted separately.

sorry for hijack, back on topic now

Nah I mean deep as in the lens depth to fit the globe, they're pretty shallow... and yeah, back on topic

hey guys what the cheapest place to get an xrox bullbar for a d22 from??

i got my x-rox bar purely for the better approach angle it has over the other steel bars.

at my local 4x4 track, there was a part i could never make because the steel bullbar was hitting the ground. with the x-rox bar, it clears with no worries.

it all depends what you are bulding your truck for.
touring id go a steel bar, but weekend warrior x-rox is the way to go.

thanx guys. after looking more into it i think a steel bar is the way to go. there s heaps on ebay for around the $1100 mark. not too sure if the bash plate s included though. just waiting for replies. if you could point me to a cheaper option it ll be sweet. i m in sydney btw. thnx

Latest posts

Back