XROX D22 tube bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard you can fit the Lightforce 140's in voids? Can anyone confirm this?

It was mentioned in a couple of post back that the 140 might not fit in the d22 bar.

As above in pretty sure they won't. When I got the bar I was considering them but I looked at the spec sheets and they were overall about 170mm tall I think. The ones I have in mine are about 140-145mm tall and only just fit. Other cars have deeper wings so they can fit, but the d22 bars haven't got much room in there.

Thanks a bunch bods.

U think it will work out nicely then. A place to put everything. I will have to try and convince the wife now :S. So much I wanna do

On that note, the bash plate comes in a yellowish electroplated finish which I didn't like a lot so I painted the part you can see black, underneath and the inside are still the yellow colour. Good luck with the convincing tho, lol.

Also, if you have a winch with rope like mine, try and get a fairlead that mounts off the bottom winch bolts. Because mine has separate bolts I had to grind a bit away from the bottom of the fairlead to clear the bottom winch bolts and cut down the fair lead mounting bolts so they didn't foul the winch inside the bar. Also with the number plate I just got a m10x1.5 tap and tapped the holes out then drilled 10mm holes in the middle of the plate and bolted it to the standard mount holes in the bar. The taps are cheap, around $10 unless you know someone with one. I out a little bit of loctite on the bolts too just to make sure they don't come out.

Last edited:
Finally got around to citing my X - Rox bar yesterday arvo. Took about 90 minutes to get everything to line up and tighten all of the bolts with the old man giving me a hand. I must say it looks awesome. I still need to wire up my winch, work out a permanent wound for the arial and put the XGT's on which don't look like they are going to fit.

Xgts should fit, there's a fair amount of room in there. Stick up some pics when you get a chance. The aerial I put on the left tab on the side of the centre hoop, I had to file the hole out a bit but it didn't take long.

Haven't had a good play with them yet I was more worried about getting the nav back on the road. Did you use the front or rear holes and did you flip any of the brackets around?

Hey lads I'm from adelaide and the cheapest xrox bar I could find was $1300 can any let me know who sells them in adelaide also hunting down a place that do rear bar tyre holders cheers

Hi guys, does anyone know if you can get the xrox bar colour coded or is it something would have to do after buying it.
Cheers stu

Sure can mate. Heres what my Brother has done with his hilux.

Attachments

• P1050629.jpg
    P1050629.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 210
Hi guys, does anyone know if you can get the xrox bar colour coded or is it something would have to do after buying it.
Cheers stu

If you buy it from a shop they should be able to organise it. I believe standard they are just a black powdercoat. You can always get it done yourself though

Like all bull bars they already come powder coated in grey or black.
To colour code it's just a matter of painting using your colour code on the ID plate in the engine bay to match the paint.

ok cool, thanks for the reply's. I was under the impression that when you bought a colour coded bar it was powdercoated the colour, not just painted over the existing powdercoat

stu

Hey guys, I've got an xrox bar on my d22. Has anyone added some protection on the side sections either underneath or on the front to protect the washer bottle on the passengers side and the aircon lines on the drivers side? I was thinking of making something up out of some aluminum chequer plate or something similar. I'm just a little worried that if I'm unlucky off road there's a chance I'll damage them.

Hey guys, I've got an xrox bar on my d22. Has anyone added some protection on the side sections either underneath or on the front to protect the washer bottle on the passengers side and the aircon lines on the drivers side? I was thinking of making something up out of some aluminum chequer plate or something similar. I'm just a little worried that if I'm unlucky off road there's a chance I'll damage them.

Yeah you can make something fairly easily. They come with a cover for the air on receiver/dryer but leave the lines fairly open, but nothing for the washer bottle. I made one for the washer bottle on mine out of some light steel sheet. It won't stand up to being smashed on a rock or branch out bush probably, but it will help against stones and stuff flicked up on dirt roads from a vehicle in front. I don't think I've got any close up pictures of it but I just cut, bent and pop riveted it together where I needed bends. I'll see if I can get a couple of pics tomorrow.

Thanks mate. Yeah it has got the guard for the aircon, but I am a bit concerned about the lines. Thats exactly what I'm thinking, I don't do very difficult 4wding but as it is now it wouldnt take much to damage them.

Its probably not a bad idea, saying that though I have never damaged mine and I am pretty rough out on the tracks.

Here you go. Its hard to see with the bar in the way but it gives you an idea anyway

IMG_20130330_101818.jpg

IMG_20130330_101854.jpg

IMG_20130330_101825.jpg

IMG_20130330_101811.jpg

As far as securing it at the top, there was a m6 captive nut in the body just under the headlight towards the outside of the car. Also, on the side where you se the bolt going in from the outside of the body, I drilled a hole in the cover to put a nut on it, but because the paint on the bolt is so thick it wouldn't screw on, so I just hooked the cover over the bolt and it stays in place fine anyway.

Hope that helps a bit. As for the paint, that was just $2 job from supercheap so it can be touched up easily enough, but the blasting it has got on it is from being there around 12 months now so it's holding up ok

Latest posts

Back