YD25 Compound Turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how long it will take me to snap the crank! I know a guy running 37psi in a TD42 silver top and that let go the other day, was making 230+ rwkw's. Don't think ill get that with the nav though
he should be up over 260kw with that boost.
those high power guys are running into crank issues. running a lighter clutch helps, some of the aftermarket ones are really heavy and crank failures have been higher on those. crank vibrations is another issue as well.

no idea with yd25's but what can work in their favor is the dual mass clutch and balance shafts. help keep vibrations down.

I think Justautos on the Patrol forum got 150kw out of a zd30 crd but it didn't last long apparently. Bluenavaras D40s still going strong last I heard so you might be alright.

Going to need bigger injectors they cannot put enough fuel in above 24psi. Had the go pro on the exhaust today when I took it for a "spirited" test drive. Only seeing black smoke when changing gears so AFR's must be lean when running above 20psi.

Found out today that Bailey's don't offer bigger injectors for the YD25 so I'm still on the hunt for something that offers greater flow than the stock ones if anyone knows a company. Cheers

Talk to malicious hell know someone if not look up forefront industries, Jamie will know someone!!

Found out today that Bailey's don't offer bigger injectors for the YD25 so I'm still on the hunt for something that offers greater flow than the stock ones if anyone knows a company. Cheers

what did blue_navara do to his? I know he's from the states, but surely he has put bigger ones in his....?

i can't see why they wouldn't fit physically. the problem will probably lie in the ecu, being able to be set up to run them properly...

No response yet mate.he is the U.K quite possibly sleeping..a bit of googling finds the euro guys and their VW jetta's and golfs a nozzle is a pretty standard upgrade..this is where i learned of them.....a quick you tube search will net you a fitting guide for replacement nozzles also....now im sure nozzle replacement is a simple task..once the injectors are out anyway...
Once the nozzles are fitted you can just start her back up.. check the afr's and retune from there...its a instant fuel upgrade and the ecu is none the wiser as it still thinks its injecting the same amount of fuel

Oh right lol. Yep, the d22s will think they are injecting the same amount of fuel. No o2 sensors in them. Some d40s wouldn't like it though, having o2 sensors...

Similar to petrol motors when fitting bigger injectors.

It's just a pity there's not as many aftermarket ecu options for diesels yet as there are for petrols. In saying that, once people work out the ecu mapping more then there will be a lot of potential there.

Havnt had any luck finding bigger injectors yet. Tired Denso and Baileys so far. Need more options. Ive tidied up the engine bay as best I can for now, losing the second battery meant I had to re run some cables to the other side. W2A is plumbed up and running. Intake temps are about 55 which is ok considering the air is now being compressed twice before making it to the intake manifold.

The plan from here is to leave the tuning for a while, the interior is coming out next week so it can get measured up for its CAMS spec cage then once that is done Ill make a start on the 4 link. I have some more temp gauges on the way as well as a wideband O2 sensor to measure AFR's. As I have to pull the dash out for the cage I want to do this first before I go mounting anymore gauges.

Everything is sort of happening at once so the car will be in the garage for a long time.........

Latest posts

Back