YD25 Compression Test

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vidusha

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm trying to work out how to do a compression test on my d22 yd25. Removing the glow plugs seems easy enough but not sure whether there's some sort of cut off switch or plug that I can remove to stop fuel supply. I could just remove the fuel line from the filter but would prefer not having to bleed the lines afterwards. Any tips on this would be great.

Cheers

Could you not remove the lines from the injector pump? it seems like it would be the last stop.

Otherwise open the rocker cover up and unplug the injectors themselves?

Yeh I suppose I could. Most of the injector lines are a bit rusty on the outside so would prefer not having to disturb them by needing to bleed the system but I'll have to double check if there are any lines are in better shape.

On another point, does it matter if the glow plug adapter for the compression tester is shorter than the actual glow plug? The one in this kit I'm looking at is the same thread as the actual glow plug (m10x1.25) but it's shorter at 135mm vs the glow plug being 180mm.

Yeh I suppose I could. Most of the injector lines are a bit rusty on the outside so would prefer not having to disturb them by needing to bleed the system but I'll have to double check if there are any lines are in better shape.

On another point, does it matter if the glow plug adapter for the compression tester is shorter than the actual glow plug? The one in this kit I'm looking at is the same thread as the actual glow plug (m10x1.25) but it's shorter at 135mm vs the glow plug being 180mm.

I don't see how, it's picking up compression of the cylinder, as long as you've got a proper seal it should be all fine.

the manual gives good instructions.
usually its pull the ecu fuse to disable the injection.
as long as adaptor is long enough it will seal and you can get the gauge on.

Cheers for that. I was looking at the yd25 version of the manual but it never crossed my mind to look at the older ones.

Thankfully no need to go get myself a compression test kit after all. I wanted to do it in the first place cus I kept having this greenish crap showing up on the radiator cap, coolant I put in is blue so thought oh well, must be the black diesel oil mixing in with it but the scum floating to the top wasn't at all oily/milky, just kind of a fine dust.

This started after I flushed the coolant system out with some penrite radiator flush but didn't do a second wash out after with just water alone. My guess is that some of it was still in the coolant and the green stuff floating to the top was just the radiator flush or maybe just the coolant washing out some form of pigment/rubber from the new hoses I put on.

After a few long drives, nothings showing up anymore. No performance losses, overheating or milk in the oil or coolant loss so seems like the car just gave me another mini heart attack for no reason other than my own fault.

Back