Yd25 Constant Shake

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtomlin1

Reaction score
Hi all I have a shake through my d40 and for the life of me cannot pin point. The shake is there on idle or at 2500 rpm
2012 Spanish
6 speed manual
Yd25
I thought it got a belly full of bad diesel so I drained the tank and replaced the fuel filter. Also put through jnjector cleaner
No difference
Checked rail pressure and is within spec,
Had slightly noisy injectors, so I replaced with new Injectors, did a relearn and recoded Injectors.
No difference
Has anybody had anything similar to this?

A little more definition on the shake please ...

Does the car have to be in gear? Does it go away if you put your foot on the clutch? Does the frequency of the shake vary between engine speed or road speed?

Car doesn't have to be in gear, doesn't go away when clutch engaged and it feels more prominent at lower rpms

No this shake is there from idle all the way through, and it is constant at all speeds. I am thinking dual mass failure?

A dual mass flywheel failure (broken spring?) could certainly do it if the vibration is there at all times moving or not. It could also be a harmonic balancer (4WD cars only), have had a report recently of one of these broken.

Flywheel requires inspection, probably removal to be sure. That's possibly time to consider a new clutch too, Exedy seems to be the choice for their HD clutch and is often accompanied by a single mass flywheel - if you're towing, a dual mass flywheel might make the car feel that little bit smoother, but the thin face of the flywheel that is contacted by the clutch can't dissipate heat very quickly and ends up cooking the clutch if you have to feather it excessively (boat ramp, steep driveway etc). Also make sure the thrust bearing is 100% if you're doing the clutch and flywheel. Naturally, pressure plate should be inspected as well.

The harmonic balancer is a bit of a pain to remove. A mechanic with a stethoscope may be able to nail that one without disassembly.

Latest posts

Back