YD25 ECU Remap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aus_Karlos

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive been running a piggy back chip for about a year on the vehicle and i was wondering the other day is it possible to get the ECU remapped.
Ive been reading up on how the ECU manages the engine and to my understanding on some of the information, the ECU will try and maintain correct emmisions, fuel and air ratios.
For example if you manualy add more fuel to the combustion chamber without altering the ECU, the ECU will pickup that there is more emmsions present in the exaust outlet and will drop the fuel ratio to keep it level.
Is this true for all the vehicles, or does the piggy bakc chip also return altered readings to the ECU?

Pretty sure most chips just dump more fuel into the cylinder on the intake stroke or increase the pressure in the fuel rail, so its kind of moot as to what the ECU wants and no pretty sure you cannot remap these ECU's

do a search...there is lots of info re mapping....yes you can remap the ecu...tho with the majority ruling in favour of chiping.

Hey guys, ive been running a piggy back chip for about a year on the vehicle and i was wondering the other day is it possible to get the ECU remapped.
Ive been reading up on how the ECU manages the engine and to my understanding on some of the information, the ECU will try and maintain correct emmisions, fuel and air ratios.
For example if you manualy add more fuel to the combustion chamber without altering the ECU, the ECU will pickup that there is more emmsions present in the exaust outlet and will drop the fuel ratio to keep it level.
Is this true for all the vehicles, or does the piggy bakc chip also return altered readings to the ECU?[/QUOTE

Yes it is possible to get it remaped.

And your have a point with the ECU trying to maintain the correcct AFR but this will be on engines with a an oxygen sensor in the exhaust. Where the engine management will go into closed loop. However when an engine is on accelleration or wide open throttle the ECU will gnore the output from the oxygen sensor and allow the chipsters to apply there skulldugery. The ECU will usually only take input from the oxygen sensor under partial throttle in the upper gears. As far as i know Navara's have no oxygen sensor in the exhaust, well mine doesn't. So your piggy back chip will be applying it's trickery 100% of the time.

I guess there is advantages on either side of the remap/chip debait. If the you want to hang on to the car for somtime and the remapper knows what he's is doing it may be better. No extra box and conectors but you can't change it back easily and if he doesn't know what he is doing he/she could turn the ECU into a door stop.

Awesome i'll call around at some of my local 4x4 places see if they can point me in the right direction. I have got a friend that works at a dyno center but they only specilize in Petrol engines but i might as well talk to them.
Just wanted to check here first to see if any D22 owners have actually remapped.

Latest posts

Back