Yd25 egr block?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teleman191

Reaction score
Hey all just wondering if this is necessary for the newer d22. (2013)
If the thread all ready exists can some please send me a link cause I swear I can't find it.

Not tapatalk mate, there is a white box at the top of the page that says 'Search Forum", just type what you are looking for in it and it will show all threads relevant.

Anyway found lots of info and the only thing stopping me doin the mod is warranty. Do I risk it or not :s

it will void wty for any engine claims if they notice its fitted
some take plate out b4 service
ime lazy and leave mine in
nissan havent noticed yet
if i went in for wty i would take it out

If anything goes wrong with the engine under warranty I'm sure they will try and find a way to blame the EGR mod therefore voiding your warranty.

I'm deciding weather or not to do this to my navara aswell. Might wait three years until warranty is finished first

do you guys really think the average monkey working at nissan is going to notice something like that?, the ZD30 mod is plain as day cause the hoses you re route look all wrong but the YD25 one is pretty much invisible to those not actually looking for it.

So if I am going to do this, I'm leaning towards getting one with a small hole in it. Don't want to throw a code and end up in limp mode, unless someone knows a way around that?

do it without the hole first, drive around for a half hour and if it doesn't do it your set.

AFAIK nissan have only put the new sensor in the D40.

don't think nizbits sells a blanking plate lol

chip it and a few ebay stores sell them, make sure its 1-3mm steel plate though.

why?
its a 10 min job to take it out if your worried
this really is a great mod and you will see results
and its better for your engine

It blocks exhaust gases from being recirculated correct? I did this on my 2005 zd30 and there was some black soot built up when I added the plate.

Does the yd25 build up more then the zd30 simply because they are trying to reduce more emissions than the zd30?

It blocks exhaust gases from being recirculated correct? I did this on my 2005 zd30 and there was some black soot built up when I added the plate.

Does the yd25 build up more then the zd30 simply because they are trying to reduce more emissions than the zd30?

Possibly, I did mine at about 7000km and it was pretty black then

If anything goes wrong with the engine under warranty I'm sure they will try and find a way to blame the EGR mod therefore voiding your warranty.

I'm deciding weather or not to do this to my navara aswell. Might wait three years until warranty is finished first

Swallowing my own words, will be making my own blanking plate and putting it on this week hopefully. Jut out of 1.2mm 304 stainless.

will grab a pic and post any differences I notice

cheers

Latest posts

Back