Yd25 sump removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zacho

Reaction score
I've got a 2008 d22 2x4 navara and the yd25 engine has a two piece sump, I've removed all the bolts from the bottom in the top part of the sump but was wondering do any come from the top ie through the bell housing which can't be seen? Just wanting to find out before I pry too much because I don't want to snap anything and don't want to pull the gear box off if its not necessary. Can't find the information anywhere.. If anyone's familiar with these please let me know..
Cheers

Hi mate. On the d22 you have to take all the bolts out of the bell housing and slip the gearbox back a couple of inches. There are two bolts hidden at the back of the sump.
Cheers Brad

Also to remove the sump completely I think you will have to drop the front diff a few inches aswell. I think it's more so you can refit it without damaging the gasket silicon seal when you put it back on.

Yeah it's the 2x4 so no front diff.. Are you sure the 2x4 is the same?
Thanks mate

Not sure mate. If you can't get the back to drop then I would say it the two hidden bolts.

Latest posts

Back